Daytona Bike Week updates...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daytona Bike Week updates...

Daytona Bike Week updates...

I'm going to try and make this thread the definitive place for us forumites to coordinate ourselves and report back to the group.

So far:
    - Pap, his wife, and I met up at Pirana Grille where we got to chat and break bread and shrimp for an hour or so.
    He mounted a Harley tour pack on his F6B which the Mrs really likes and it looks sharp.

- My F6B got the full LED treatment from SoCal lighting.

- I have seen two other fast black F6Bs, while Pap has seen two other not-quite-as-fast red ones. There are at least 4 other potential forumites out there!

- we have a text group setup to coordinate impromptu gatherings. PM me your number to be included.

- Steve 0080 has deemed that Saturday at 1830 everyone shall rendezvous at BJs between the track and the 95 on Speedway Blvd.

For any questions, comments, ideas, etc. for public gatherings and meet ups, please use this thread.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

So, I'm North of Flagler on the A1A, and I pull off into a very ritzy golfing community on a beach.. I'm just riding and I find a beach public access parking area. So, I park, and walk to the beach. There are no other bikes in this lot. I check out the sights and return to my bike.
    As I'm ready to leave, two riders pull in. One pulls in right next to me and asks me how I like my F6B. Turns out it's "Bob from Michigan." How random???
    We had a nice chat.

All too cool.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

I was only at the speedway 6 hours and at Destination Daytona for 4 hours and counted 7 B's. I was there 3 full days last year and saw 2. Word is getting out.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This forum has screwed us, now everybody wants one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Chit

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    So, I'm North of Flagler on the A1A, and I pull off into a very ritzy golfing community on a beach.. I'm just riding and I find a beach public access parking area. So, I park, and walk to the beach. There are no other bikes in this lot. I check out the sights and return to my bike.
    As I'm ready to leave, two riders pull in. One pulls in right next to me and asks me how I like my F6B. Turns out it's "Bob from Michigan." How random???
    We had a nice chat.

All too cool.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    You were probably at Palm Coast, Cinnamon Beach, Hammond Dunes development. It's a beautiful area. Me and my friends stayed there several times during Bikeweek. They have really nice 3 bedroom condos for rent with covered parking. I asked them if they allow bikes in as it is gated area (here in SC a lot of gated developments don't allow bikes), and the guy said "that depends. Are you riding in or trailering?" It turns out you can ride in but not trailer them due to trailers taking too many parking spaces! So, no trailer queens allowed!

Attachment 19481Attachment 19482Attachment 19483
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Checked with Google Maps...seems I was at the Hammock Beach Resort. I was going to turn around in the Publix parking lot there.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    There are plenty to go around. Don't be so 'Hoggish'. When the 'bike apocalypse' comes and the Harleys all die , you'll need someone to ride with.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Checked with Google Maps...seems I was at the Hammock Beach Resort. I was going to turn around in the Publix parking lot there.
    Yeah, my favorite area.

If you like seafood, nearby is JT's Seafood Shack, excellent restaurant:

http://m.mainstreethub.com/jtseafoodshack

Also, there is a place called European Village, right on the other side of Palm Coast Bridge from A1A.

http://european-village.com/

There are several restaurants and shops there, live music in the evening and huge projection screens with usually football games. My favorite there is Mezzaluna Pizzeria.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Isleen got her bath today....
    Attachment 19504Attachment 19505Attachment 19506

And for my friend Shooter: these girls were real!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce