Leaning 3 Wheeler

Thread: Leaning 3 Wheeler

Leaning 3 Wheeler

https://youtu.be/T3TumQ-ueMU

Says they can do Goldwings in the video.Pretty cool idea that looks like it works pretty well.

A couple pics of the Gold Wing conversion from their Facebook page...

Attachment 19485 Attachment 19486

If I were physically unable to ride on two wheels, I think I would give this a veeeery serious look!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

And not to be undone, the Goldwing Quad! Perfect for those who need four wheels but hate doors and weather protection:

Attachment 19489Attachment 19490Attachment 19491

Also, HD considered producing a leaning trike a while ago. The mehanism got patented, millions got spent in r&d, and then it was shelved. But here they are (2 different models even):

Attachment 19493Attachment 19494

The rumors are that the decision not to produce them was made when the focus group of HD riders was asked how they liked the leaning trike vs fixed one, and they said 'What is leaning?'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    https://youtu.be/T3TumQ-ueMU

Says they can do Goldwings in the video.Pretty cool idea that looks like it works pretty well.
    Their website said F6B's also .....

Comparison to the Can-Am and Piagio ....

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...eeler-threeway

Could be an interesting upgrade.

thanks edgeman55

Thanks for the heads up link on the forum to tiltingmotorworks.com near seattle wa ..... I just spent 3 hours researching the new F6B conversion offered by this company and, for my personal situation, it is by far, the best reverse trike conversion I have seen....

I have had 2 nine inch rods, plus the hardware, in my lower back since july of 2008, but have put over 14,000 miles each summer since 2010 on my bikes, including 16,500 miles on my F6B last summer. With the metal implants, plus increased age and arthritis, I am going to need more stability especially when stopped or getting on and off my bike in the future

I started looking at reverse trike platforms last fall.....the Can Am spyder was okay, but I didn't want to give up the reliability and power of my F6B...then I saw the Hannigan RT reverse trike released in September and really liked the concept, style and name brand....but they don't have a specific conversion for the F6B in production yet......then I recently found that Motor Trike has also released a reverse trike conversion, called the Prowler, but again it only fits the full Goldwing models, not to mention the front cowling is rather ugly

So, I was overjoyed today when I went to the F6B forum and watched the Jay Leno video on the Tilting Motor Works conversions......I am stoked....a reverse trike platform that leans and bolts on to my F6B without cutting, welding or altering the frame.....I have already contacted the company for more info

Thanks again for posting the leaning trike video............Shaker

Does anyone remember the Honda's Neowing concept bike from a couple months ago? A leaning reverse three wheeler hybrid concept with a flat 4 engine and electric motors in the wheels.

Attachment 19551Attachment 19552
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up link on the forum to tiltingmotorworks.com near seattle wa ..... I just spent 3 hours researching the new F6B conversion offered by this company and, for my personal situation, it is by far, the best reverse trike conversion I have seen....

I have had 2 nine inch rods, plus the hardware, in my lower back since july of 2008, but have put over 14,000 miles each summer since 2010 on my bikes, including 16,500 miles on my F6B last summer. With the metal implants, plus increased age and arthritis, I am going to need more stability especially when stopped or getting on and off my bike in the future

I started looking at reverse trike platforms last fall.....the Can Am spyder was okay, but I didn't want to give up the reliability and power of my F6B...then I saw the Hannigan RT reverse trike released in September and really liked the concept, style and name brand....but they don't have a specific conversion for the F6B in production yet......then I recently found that Motor Trike has also released a reverse trike conversion, called the Prowler, but again it only fits the full Goldwing models, not to mention the front cowling is rather ugly

So, I was overjoyed today when I went to the F6B forum and watched the Jay Leno video on the Tilting Motor Works conversions......I am stoked....a reverse trike platform that leans and bolts on to my F6B without cutting, welding or altering the frame.....I have already contacted the company for more info

Glad it helped you out.I know the day will come when I may want to go three wheels as age and bad knees,legs from a lot of football and my job may make it a option to stay in the wind.I really like the fact that you still lean and it has the option with the self locking leveler so you don't need a stand.Look forward to a F6B review if you go this route.Wonder how many F6B's they have done?Maybe you could be there first!

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post

Hi, Shaker. I have a friend with a Goldwing who needs to find a three-wheel solution, and she would be interested in connecting with you if you would share some of your research. Might you PM your email to me so Mary can contact you?

Thanks!