Took Delivery Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took Delivery Today

Took Delivery Today

Had the chance to pick my new 2014 Pearl Yellow F6B up today. Who would have believed temps in the 70s in New Hampshire on March 9th. Overall I'm very impressed with my new ride. I sold my 2011 CVO Ultra last year and really felt lost without a bike. Handling and manners in the turns are totally different. The F6 is on rails. Tracks beautifully. The F6 has a so much smoother delivery. It's nice to ride without all the noise. Added 4 clicks to the rear shock and that seems about right for my butt. Don't like the clutch and brake levers, too skinny. I was kind of surprised to feel engine heat, at least it won't be as bad as the air cooled v-twins. The front fairing does a good job of blocking a lot of air hitting the driver, I'm not used to that. Tranny shifts good, only missed one shift. Not bad for someone who has used floor boards and heal & tow shifter for over 15 years. The paint quality seems to be good. I definitely need a backrest and highway pegs. The mirrors are incredible as I kept seeing black, red, and gray dots that never seemed to get any bigger until I pulled into a gas station. Turns out the dots were more F6s. So I guess Pearl Yellow must in fact be the fastest color.

All in all, this bike is a keeper and seems to be Hondas best kept secret. The only problem I'm having is I can't get it up on the center stand. I'll try wood under the back tire tomorrow.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Congratulations.!!

Post a Pic before the " is this for real police" frisk you..

The center stand takes a bit of practice.

Good on ya and Welcome.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Just want to welcome another Pearl Yellow to the fold.

Sweet deal. Let's see her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Had the chance to pick my new 2014 Pearl Yellow F6B up today. Who would have believed temps in the 70s in New Hampshire on March 9th. Overall I'm very impressed with my new ride. I sold my 2011 CVO Ultra last year and really felt lost without a bike. Handling and manners in the turns are totally different. The F6 is on rails. Tracks beautifully. The F6 has a so much smoother delivery. It's nice to ride without all the noise. Added 4 clicks to the rear shock and that seems about right for my butt. Don't like the clutch and brake levers, too skinny. I was kind of surprised to feel engine heat, at least it won't be as bad as the air cooled v-twins. The front fairing does a good job of blocking a lot of air hitting the driver, I'm not used to that. Tranny shifts good, only missed one shift. Not bad for someone who has used floor boards and heal & tow shifter for over 15 years. The paint quality seems to be good. I definitely need a backrest and highway pegs. The mirrors are incredible as I kept seeing black, red, and gray dots that never seemed to get any bigger until I pulled into a gas station. Turns out the dots were more F6s. So I guess Pearl Yellow must in fact be the fastest color.

All in all, this bike is a keeper and seems to be Hondas best kept secret. The only problem I'm having is I can't get it up on the center stand. I'll try wood under the back tire tomorrow.
    Congrats on the new bike. I'm down the road a bit from you. I too love how it's on rails. I noticed that right away. I'm curious about engine heat now that you mention it. I rode tonight after work. Not a great distance, about 75 miles total. When I got back, the temp was 51. I let the bike idle a few minutes as it was dark and I wanted to wipe it down a little. I was shocked that the fans came on. If they come on at a 5 minute idle in the 50's, what are the 80's going to bring? I know.....more riding!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    .... I let the bike idle a few minutes as it was dark and I wanted to wipe it down a little. I was shocked that the fans came on. If they come on at a 5 minute idle in the 50's, what are the 80's going to bring? I know.....more riding!
    I was kind of surprised to hear the fans as well. That's a good thing though. I'd rather hear fans then feel scalding heat. Harleys in traffic jams in the summer = no fun. Of course if you spend any time on Rt 6 heading towards P Town you'll get used to hearing those fans.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I was kind of surprised to hear the fans as well. That's a good thing though. I'd rather hear fans then feel scalding heat. Harleys in traffic jams in the summer = no fun. Of course if you spend any time on Rt 6 heading towards P Town you'll get used to hearing those fans.
    This is my first summer with this bike. Made that trip plenty of times on my previous. My son lives in Hyannis.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

from Tampa Florida!

Oh he did not go there with which color is the fastest on his first post!

It's Honda their official motto is "Ride Red"!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

It has always amazed me what HD owners are willing to put up with just to say they own a Harley. I thought motorcycles were all about the ride. I guess not everybody thinks like I do.

Anyhow, welcome to the tribe. Enjoy the finest cruiser/tourer ever made! I know we have!

11206113_10205643438543761_2990808975745807864_n.jpg
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    from Tampa Florida!

Oh he did not go there with which color is the fastest on his first post!

It's Honda their official motto is "Ride Red"!
    I can't believe he went there either...He was to busy looking at them in the mirror, that he never notice the ghost BREEEeeeze by him!Attachment 19525
    LOL,,,

Congratulations and welcome to the F6B world.