I just got back from Daytona last night. I should have known better then to travel through the state of South Carolina but I had no choice wanting to go to the FL. rally.
I was traveling north up I-95. The traffic was moving along at about 75 mph. 5 mph over the posted speed limit and I had my new Breakaway throttle lock set to the traffic speed. Most of the road is flat and my speed was constant. Unfortunately, for me there are a few dips in the road were the road goes down hill into the swamps and the bike sped up to 79 mph. Don't you know that's where the wonderful SC state police set up their radar. I'm sure that's not the reason they set up there but I wonder!
I have an alarm set up on my GPS that goes off when you exceed a set speed limit which I had set at 79 mph. Before I could react I hit the trap at the bottom of the hill. I tried to explain to the officer what happened but he didn't want to hear any of it. He took my information back to his car and came back presenting me with an $81 ticket for 9 mph over the limit and a card explaining how I could pay it via internet. The new electronics age is wonderful.
You would think a warning ticket would have been sufficient especially after looking up my record and finding I haven't had a violation in over 20 years. But I guess writing a tickets is easier then then picking cotton.

That's why I won't go or spend my money at the Myrtle Beech rally anymore.