Lower Fog Lights

Thread: Lower Fog Lights

Lower Fog Lights

I've got my choices narrowed down to two.

1. Show Chrome LED Rectangular Lower Fog Lights (B52-906)

2. SoCalMotoGear Rectangular Fog Light Kit with DRL (GL18RFL)

Anyone have any idea how long these lights last before they burn out?
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

I leave mine on all the time

Bought mine from Value Accessories and they are pretty much bullitt proof. I leave them on all the time to make that matte silver bike stick out in the traffic. I wouldn't worry about them burning out very quickly they are pretty hardy.

Tough Choice

I have the Show Chrome ones installed on my F6 and really like them. I leave them on all the time too so I can be seen a little better when riding the back roads. The So Cal ones look nice too with the modern led lighting around the edges. Either choice would be a good. I wouldn't worry about the bulbs burning out. I purchased one of the early releases of the Show Chrome ones and while on a ride the left one quite working.......found out it was a bad batch (it wasn't the bulb...it was the electronics on the inside of the unit) and Show Chrome replace it....no charge. I think you'll be ok no matter which one you choose.....they will probably outlast the bike.

Ride Safe but Often!!!

Well I ordered the Show Chrome ones Sunday night from Value Accessories and they arrived via FedEx this morning. Fantastic service, thanks, and a great price, I appreciate that. Good quality, clear directions and an easy install. I had to get over the fear of breaking the plastic trim pieces when I did the electrical hookup. Boy, the wiring is really done tight behind the radio panel. The only thing left to do is cut out the inserts in the cowl and adjust the lower lights.

Anyone have any suggestions on aiming these? When I had moto lights bolted up to my front brake calipers, they said to set them at 89* with a protractor. Worked pretty good. I though I read somewhere to measure from 16 1/2 feet and 18 inches up. I want to get it done right the first time as I don't want to keep playing take off with the cowl. Has any drilled a hole in the cowl to make the aiming adjustments on the fly?

Hint: Watching a few videos from other mfgrs really helped with the install.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Delta.... I installed mine and they were correct w/o aiming.... you should be OK!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

+1 on what Steve said. These type of lights are usually flood rather than spot. As a result, aiming is not critical.
    Ken (Hornblower)

FWIW...I waited til dark and had the wife stand in the street as I approached her to make sure they didn't blind anyone. Had to make a little bit of adjustment. Then I put the cowl on.