Thanks EC - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thanks EC

Quote Originally Posted by pblair View Post
    Been waiting since June 27 for a right side (throttle side) replacement for my personal set. No response to emails. Very uncharacteristic, I just do not know what to think.

My wife finally got a response to a phone call. They are repairing them and are backlogged.

I will be selling them as soon as I get my replacement.

Anybody have a lower cowl for a reasonable price?
    Son of a ...... I installed my replacements and the next morning sometime between the time I got to work and went to lunch the throttle side burned out again. Called and they are sending a replacement with an extra bit of hardware to resolve the problem. Miles is right, they respond much better to phone calls. btw, not upset with them just getting anxious.

Angie (EC) could not remember what Lewis (EC) called the extra part. I will know when I receive it.

Check out the replacements. They added these huge what looks like heat sinks/regulators to the back of the modules.

IMG_1848.jpg
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

The first batch of lights were overheating so their mod is to add a heat sink as you describe. I hope the extra bulk does not cause cracking at the mount points. How much heavier does it feel?

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    I put the EC Honda volt meter with panel in last night. However, I can't find the red connector plug on the right side as described in the EC instructions. Is it a hide n seek connection?
    I was told that they were to be attached at the heated grip connection. EC was to provide a "T" connection to the plug. I would assume you could simply follow the wires from the heated grip to the connection point and plug the meter in there. I have not tried yet but that is what I was told by Philip at EC. That is, of course, for the Deluxe models. The standard models would require running a wire to the left side accessory connection as Pete suggested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I was told that they were to be attached at the heated grip connection. EC was to provide a "T" connection to the plug. I would assume you could simply follow the wires from the heated grip to the connection point and plug the meter in there. I have not tried yet but that is what I was told by Philip at EC. That is, of course, for the Deluxe models. The standard models would require running a wire to the left side accessory connection as Pete suggested.
    There is a 3 wire white connector behind the panel that the heated grips use. However, I didn't get a "T" connection from EC

I wish the instructions would get better from the vendors on the aftermarket products.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There is a 3 wire white connector behind the panel that the heated grips use. However, I didn't get a "T" connection from EC

I wish the instructions would get better from the vendors on the aftermarket products.
    Did you order this one? It specifically adresses the "T " connector issue.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/...lt-2-honda.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Did you order this one? It specifically adresses the "T " connector issue.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/...lt-2-honda.htm
    Yes, that is the one I ordered.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, that is the one I ordered.
    Then I believe it is time for some good customer service from Lewis or Philip. I would call and ask them for the missing connector. Mine is due in tomorrow, hope it has the proper wiring included. I will post here when it arrives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Check out the replacements. They added these huge what looks like heat sinks/regulators to the back of the modules
    A week ago I received the EC single shooters with the upgraded gasket and the heat sinks and installed them today. They work great, thanks Miles for the recommendation. The install went well expect for one issue. The back of the left panel switch (radio control module) would not clip back in after installing the EC switch into the dead plate. The switch wires added to the existing wire bundle used up what little space is available in the back cover exit arch. I used my Dremel tool to enlarge the exit arch a bit but no luck. I got tired of messing with it and reassembled into the fairing with the back not fully engaged into the tabs. I suppose this could allow some moisture and dirt into the back of the left switch panel over time. It's good enough for now. I may make another attempt when the garage cools down,,,,in October I suppose.
    Another small annoyance was the EC light kit was missing the 4 locknuts for use with the SS flat head socket cap screws. Fortunately I have fasteners on hand to I didn't have to make a trip to the hardware store.

OK. I got my Volt Meter today. As advertised, it had the connection that plugs in to the heated grip wiring. Installation went well. However, the heated grips use three pin wiring and the wiring for the Volt Meter is two pin. So, the meter does not work nor do the heated grips work with the plug and play wiring provided.

Now it is time for me to call Philip on Monday to see what can be done. Grrrrrr.

image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahoo Whoyah View Post
    A week ago I received the EC single shooters with the upgraded gasket and the heat sinks and installed them today. They work great, thanks Miles for the recommendation. The install went well expect for one issue. The back of the left panel switch (radio control module) would not clip back in after installing the EC switch into the dead plate. The switch wires added to the existing wire bundle used up what little space is available in the back cover exit arch. I used my Dremel tool to enlarge the exit arch a bit but no luck. I got tired of messing with it and reassembled into the fairing with the back not fully engaged into the tabs. I suppose this could allow some moisture and dirt into the back of the left switch panel over time. It's good enough for now. I may make another attempt when the garage cools down,,,,in October I suppose.
    Another small annoyance was the EC light kit was missing the 4 locknuts for use with the SS flat head socket cap screws. Fortunately I have fasteners on hand to I didn't have to make a trip to the hardware store.

Those panels have never been easy to clip back on since the wing came out, we often have to heat the tabs and bend them out, also try a different wiring route.
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake