Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bad Paint....New Thread !

Both.....................
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by kentucky strong View Post
    Is the paint issue only with the red? Any issues with black as of yet?

Kentucky...where have you been hiding for the past few months...in the hollers of the backwood trees ?
    I know you are new here, and that was "meant" to be funny...in a failed attempt.

There are just as many Black bikes as Red bikes that have this problem. The Red bikes may fade to Pink, and the Black bikes will fade to Grey. Both paint colors are affected.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead22 View Post
    I was in my local dealership yesterday and spoke with one of their salesmen about the F6b that was on the floor there (Vin 811), I intentionally failed to mention the fact that I had bought the only F6b that they had sold so far (Vin 675), back in March. I mentioned that I had heard that folks were having issues with the paint on their brand new bikes and he proceeded to tell me about the crappy paint issues with their bike, and it has never left the showroom floor. He told me of course that they only use Honda products and terry cloth to clean the bikes and it has scratches all over it, They have had the bike on the floor for nearly 5 months and he says numerous customers have mentioned the scratches on the new F6b. I would venture to say that if the bikes are going to sit on the floor long enough for the paint issues to show,the dealers will be screaming to Ma Honda also.
    What is the full VIN of your bike and what color is it?

Signature Series

Possible silly question and may have already been addressed but when you purchase a said series F6B, w/ custom 2 tone paint, do they clear coat the paint, just saw (1) on E bay for 19,000, whats to keep you from having it repainted Black, for that price, if they clear coat ? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Kentucky...where have you been hiding for the past few months...in the hollers of the backwood trees ?
    I know you are new here, and that was "meant" to be funny...in a failed attempt.

There are just as many Black bikes as Red bikes that have this problem. The Red bikes may fade to Pink, and the Black bikes will fade to Grey. Both paint colors are affected.
    Well, that's good information. I actually have this for sale to fund the purchase of an F6B.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/4009452483.html

I would purchase a black one, and have thought about waiting for 2014 models since the riding season is in it's twilight for the year, and I am thinking I might wait to see if this paint issue is resolved. I'm assuming there are no changes in the 2014 model? I will stay rather quiet on this list since I presently don't own a F6B, but am quite smitten by the bike. I'm 57, and have been riding some type of motorized two wheeler since I was 12. Although I have never owned a cruiser I think that's where my future enjoyment lies. The days of the sports bikes are fading for me although I still enjoy taking my Aprilia rs 125 out on the back roads. Besides the paint issue, I find the opinions on the F6B are quite positive. This list is quite informative. Thanks, and I'm going back to my holler, and find that tree.

Well, that's good information. I actually have this for sale to fund the purchase of an F6B.

I would purchase a black one, and have thought about waiting for 2014 models since the riding season is in it's twilight for the year, and I am thinking I might wait to see if this paint issue is resolved. I'm assuming there are no changes in the 2014 model? I will stay rather quiet on this list since I presently don't own a F6B, but am quite smitten by the bike. I'm 57, and have been riding some type of motorized two wheeler since I was 12. Although I have never owned a cruiser I think that's where my future enjoyment lies. The days of the sports bikes are fading for me although I still enjoy taking my Aprilia rs 125 out on the back roads. Besides the paint issue, I find the opinions on the F6B are quite positive. This list is quite informative. Thanks, and I'm going back to my holler, and find that tree.
    Not sure there will be a 2014 bike just keep selling the 2013
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Cool

Called Honda back as I did not get a return call from Randy, No Last Name, had a very cordial conversation at length ...Randy said he would get back with me by next Wed..........
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Kentucky, that Duc is a beauty. I have a coupler of vintage collector bikes myself, but lean toward the older English bikes, rather than the Italians.

No need to be quiet on this forum, as this is the best way to learn about your future bike, before you buy. Jump in, ask questions, and have fun.

The paint issue will NOT be changed before the next model year, so look at getting a late 2013 bike, that a dealer is paying flooring on, as he waits for the next bikes to be delivered.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Certain dealers will Custom-paint the F6B before you buy it. As an example, Honda of Russellville has "Signature Series" bikes.

Perhaps some encouraging news...I was at my Honda-HD dealer yesterday changing bikes as I indicated above, and Carlos from Honda Customer Service called them to confirm they existed and what phone number they normally used. Seems like an odd question as obviously they answered his call. Whatever.

They paged me and I spoke with him regarding the warranty claim/paint issues. He was just finishing their internal paperwork trail and said he'd get back at some point if there was and development. Not sure what that meant, but at least they're aware of our concerns.

I am still concerned even though I no longer own the F6B as I've a chosen responsibility to ensure the paint is taken care of for any new owner along with the dealer. Even though the warranty is transferable, sometimes the new owner is unknown to Honda for some time, so he may contact me first.

I finessed the bike before sale with the recommended 3-M product, Honda spray polish, and it looked good. Hope it finds a good home with a happy owner.