Another new one to the flock
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another new one to the flock

Another new one to the flock

Taking delivery monday of my new 15F6B Deluxe, as the dealer has to do the brake recall. Can't wait. I have to thank this forum for pushing me over the edge. My short list was a Victory Vison, the F6B, BMWK1600GT or R1200RT. For a lot of reasons, I think I made the right choice, as this will be my daily commuter, about 95 miles daily. I'm 6'4" and about 280 on a good day, and surprised how comfortable I am on it.

So far I have the Madstad shield (function over form) and the MP3 rack on order. After some miles, next will be exhaust (after the ST, need some exhaust notes), highway pegs, GPS and mount (keeping my old Garmin Pilot for the truck/cage), and maybe a fuse block for my Gerbings.

I came off an 07 Honda ST1300 that had 155K miles on it when I sold it last month. Bullet proof engine, never had to have the valves adjusted. Only time I didnt ride it was when there was snow/ice/salt. Before that an 03 Honda VTX1800C that had 80K. I expect I will put well over 100K on the F6B.

I used to hang out at VTXOA quite a bit, and recognize a few handles from there. Looking forward to participating. More pics to come.

Welcome!

It oughta be a crime to have this much fun on a motorcycle.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gregj View Post

I came off an 07 Honda ST1300 that had 155K miles on it when I sold it last month. Bullet proof engine, never had to have the valves adjusted. Only time I didnt ride it was when there was snow/ice/salt. Before that an 03 Honda VTX1800C that had 80K. I expect I will put well over 100K on the F6B.

Ehhhhhhh … your expectation, 100K not a problem click on link below

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4744-539-773-Miles-on-a-Goldwing

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

to the Forum

Have Fun, Be Safe

Welcome. there are several prior VTX owners around here that used to hang out in the OA and Cafe. I loved my VTX but haven't looked back since the move.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    Welcome. there are several prior VTX owners around here that used to hang out in the OA and Cafe. I loved my VTX but haven't looked back since the move.
    Yep--and I was one of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by gregj View Post
    Taking delivery monday of my new 15F6B Deluxe, as the dealer has to do the brake recall. Can't wait. I have to thank this forum for pushing me over the edge. My short list was a Victory Vison, the F6B, BMWK1600GT or R1200RT. For a lot of reasons, I think I made the right choice, as this will be my daily commuter, about 95 miles daily. I'm 6'4" and about 280 on a good day, and surprised how comfortable I am on it.

So far I have the Madstad shield (function over form) and the MP3 rack on order. After some miles, next will be exhaust (after the ST, need some exhaust notes), highway pegs, GPS and mount (keeping my old Garmin Pilot for the truck/cage), and maybe a fuse block for my Gerbings.

I used to hang out at VTXOA quite a bit, and recognize a few handles from there. Looking forward to participating. More pics to come.
    I had and sold a 2006 ST1300. I loved that bike until I found my knees couldn't take the riding position anymore. For me, the f6b is a huge step up in comfort and ride. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Yep--and I was one of them.
    Nice looking C. Here was my previous

Attachment 19624

Nice! Congrats.

to the board!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com