Random thoughts from a few hours in Daytona this year

Thread: Random thoughts from a few hours in Daytona this year

Random thoughts from a few hours in Daytona this year

What I learned????? NEVER agree to mix a trip of bike week with the wife and visiting family in Palm Beach Gardens, Jacksonville, and Palm Bay! My mota sickle activities were 8 or 9 hours tops!

But one thing stood out this year that seemed to make it different from all of the others. We all agree that bike week is about Harley. Always has been and probably always will be. Nothing new here. What stood out was that it seems like at least 6 or 7 bikes out of 10 were Harley baggers. More new model Road Glides than ever as they were easy to spot with the 4 horizontal LED lights. Road and Street Glides were everywhere with a few Road Kings and Heritages mixed in. Bags EVERYWHERE!!!! What happened to the bobbers and Dynas? I did see a few more "snooty Euro" types, but that was about it.

It is clear that the Chopper thing of the 2000s is gone and now it is all about the bagger!

Anybody else notice that?
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pretty much the same observations.
    Seems the "beach ball" rear tire thing has run it's course but the new even more ridiculous trend is the "big wheel" look. I call them clown bikes because I expect several clowns to jump out of the saddlebags & squirt everyone with lapel flowers at the stoplights.

Good God, what future stupidity awaits us?
    Attachment 19617
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by powercruzer13 View Post
    Pretty much the same observations.
    Seems the "beach ball" rear tire thing has run it's course but the new even more ridiculous trend is the "big wheel" look. I call them clown bikes because I expect several clowns to jump out of the saddlebags & squirt everyone with lapel flowers at the stoplights.

Good God, what future stupidity awaits us?
    Attachment 19617

Plus I get a chuckle that headlight beam is shining across top of front fender. Whatever works.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    What I learned????? NEVER agree to mix a trip of bike week with the wife and visiting family in Palm Beach Gardens, Jacksonville, and Palm Bay! My mota sickle activities were 8 or 9 hours tops!

But one thing stood out this year that seemed to make it different from all of the others. We all agree that bike week is about Harley. Always has been and probably always will be. Nothing new here. What stood out was that it seems like at least 6 or 7 bikes out of 10 were Harley baggers. More new model Road Glides than ever as they were easy to spot with the 4 horizontal LED lights. Road and Street Glides were everywhere with a few Road Kings and Heritages mixed in. Bags EVERYWHERE!!!! What happened to the bobbers and Dynas? I did see a few more "snooty Euro" types, but that was about it.

It is clear that the Chopper thing of the 2000s is gone and now it is all about the bagger
    !

Anybody else notice that?
    Not so fast, guess who's back - http://bigdogisback.com/motorcycles

33K for a chopper, this will last about as long as a Snickers bar at a fat camp.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post

33K for a chopper, this will last about as long as a Snickers bar at a fat camp.
    I have yet to see any model Bigdog with more than 10,000 miles on the odometer. Should just change the name to "Showdog"
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The name I heard today was a Ferris Wheel on the front!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post

hey, just what i wanted...... an overpriced inefficient turd to show off on !

I don't know why your surprised. As you said it was a Harley rally which means it's about show offs all wanting to be the coolest dog at the show. The big wheel definitely looks cool and if all your going to do is ride from Pub to Pub it's fine. Unfortunately, I doubt it helps in handling or riding quality.
    Of course there were more bagger's there. It's called evolution. Most bikers eventually graduate from cool and realize they would really like to travel on their bikes. To do that, they have to pack an extra pair of underwear. The'll need storage space for that not to mention space for all the goodies they're going to buy at the rallies their traveling too.
    It's evolution sort of like when they graduate from Harley to Honda.