First Tank Break In Fuel Mileage

Thread: First Tank Break In Fuel Mileage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    What oil your using makes a difference in how it shifts also, going full synthetic in mine has smoothed out the shifter more than the stock oil I was running.
    I am using the Honda brand recommended oil. I have read on here that synthetic makes the shifting smoother. I may have to switch at the next oil change.

I used Valvoline dino motorcycle oil on my VStar two oil changes ago. It made a mess of the shifting, so much so that I thought there was something wrong in the transmission. I switched back to Yamalube (non-synthetic) and the shifting is like butter.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Try this

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I am using the Honda brand recommended oil. I have read on here that synthetic makes the shifting smoother. I may have to switch at the next oil change.

I used Valvoline dino motorcycle oil on my VStar two oil changes ago. It made a mess of the shifting, so much so that I thought there was something wrong in the transmission. I switched back to Yamalube (non-synthetic) and the shifting is like butter.
    I used Castrol Actevo 10W40 in my M109R Suzuki Boulevard and that did wonders for the shifting. Its a semi synthetic which is part regular petroleum based oil mixed with a synthetic, its excellent oil and never had any problems with it in the M109R and I always rode that bike like I stole it. 35000 miles when I sold it and bought the F6B and it still wasn't using any oil.