If you had to do it all over again knowing........

Thread: If you had to do it all over again knowing........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool

I also would buy this bike again....maybe with a caveat about the paint at the time of purchase...but would still buy....I will repaint the bike after a period of time...I am very loyal to friends and equipment that is good to me...so this bike will have a home for some time...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I'd do it again

Yep, I'd buy it again. If the paint starts to be irritating to look at I'll have it painted.

I bought mine knowing the paint was going to be an issue from this forum, and others that I had read complaints on the newer GW's paint.
    Painting the bike to me is not a major issue, but I do feel Honda is doing a disservice to the brand and it's customers. The bigger issue to me is missing the cruise control I had grown used to. I really miss that more than I thought I would. Other than that the bike is a fine machine.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like the paint issue is a real pain in the ass and disappointment to deal with but the bike itself overcomes the issue.
    2009 Kawasaki KLX 250S
    2008 Kawasaki Versys KLE 650
    2008 Yamaha XT 250
    2005 HD Sportster Roadster 1200
    2005 Malaguti 50CC Scooter

I have a Black deluxe serial # 942 and have no paint issue. Just ready to turn over 8000 miles, so it has been washed a bunch, just recently put a coat of liquid glass on it. Only has the "hesitation" if I take off without letting it warm up. Once it has warmed up it runs fine the rest of the day. Some of the polls that were taken have very few people in the survey, the paint issue has 42 responses. It may be I am lucky, because my gas mileage is above average according to the poll. On a trip to Columbus OH from central MI I averaged 40mpg going down at 79-80 miles per hour. Coming back I took two lane roads and averaged 45mpg riding two up, speeds 60 -65. I would definitely purchase again.

Knowing what I know now the only thing I would have done different is I would have bought a F6B from Russelville Honda under there custom paint program.But even with all the extra polishing it takes to keep my Black beauty scatch and swirl free I would not give up this bike.By far in 45 years of riding this is the most fun and enjoyable scooter I have ever owned.Great handling,Great brakes,gets a steady 42 mpg and fits my 6'5" stealth like 370lb body well.Once I get a paint job done right I will have in my eyes the perfect bike.

I would absolutely buy the F6B again. I think the black is the best looking version but am glad I bought red. I have not had as near as many paint issues as you guys that bought the really pretty black bikes. My paint is soft but I have not had many problems with paint swirls or scratches. BEST MOTORCYCLE I HAVE OWNED IN MY 50 YEARS OF RIDING. It is just so much fun to ride!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]