If you had to do it all over again knowing........

Thread: If you had to do it all over again knowing........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I knew, and I did!

The F6B is so good overall that it negates any other negatives, including the sub-standard paint. That said, I have to admit I was blind-sided by the paint issue, never imagining Honda would cut corners to this extent. Like some others have mentioned, I will probably repaint in the future if I don't sell it for something else. It does concern me that my resell value will most likely suffer due to continuing degradation of the finish over time. Honda should put out an immediate recall but I'm not expecting that to happen. In the meantime, I'm trying not to obsess over this and just enjoy riding a truly remarkable machine.

I knew nothing about the paint issues when I went to the Dealer, as I was considering the VFR initially, but when I got to the showroom and saw the F6B I knew that was my next bike. I've never been a fan of black vehicles, too hard to keep looking nice, never owned one, and am happy I chose the red, had white been a color choice that would have been my top choice. My paint seems to be fine, but I have not washed it yet either. This is the best street bike I've ever owned, but then again it is by far the most expensive, if I have to repaint it down the road, white it shall be I am disappointed that Honda has not stepped up and made it right for those who do have the paint problem. I've always considered Honda to be a quality manufacturer after owning a few of their cars, so I had no reservations about my purchase.

I have both the VFR and the F6B and I have no problems with paint.
    I do the usual buildup of paint cleaner / show car glaze / carnuba and it comes out fine.
    Anything that gets dusty and you rub your leg against it during a day's ride is going to dull the paint. Keep it dusted to keep scratching to a minimum. You can get clear protector sheet too.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.