If you had to do it all over again knowing........ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you had to do it all over again knowing........

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like the paint issue is a real pain in the ass and disappointment to deal with but the bike itself overcomes the issue.
    2009 Kawasaki KLX 250S
    2008 Kawasaki Versys KLE 650
    2008 Yamaha XT 250
    2005 HD Sportster Roadster 1200
    2005 Malaguti 50CC Scooter

I have a Black deluxe serial # 942 and have no paint issue. Just ready to turn over 8000 miles, so it has been washed a bunch, just recently put a coat of liquid glass on it. Only has the "hesitation" if I take off without letting it warm up. Once it has warmed up it runs fine the rest of the day. Some of the polls that were taken have very few people in the survey, the paint issue has 42 responses. It may be I am lucky, because my gas mileage is above average according to the poll. On a trip to Columbus OH from central MI I averaged 40mpg going down at 79-80 miles per hour. Coming back I took two lane roads and averaged 45mpg riding two up, speeds 60 -65. I would definitely purchase again.

Knowing what I know now the only thing I would have done different is I would have bought a F6B from Russelville Honda under there custom paint program.But even with all the extra polishing it takes to keep my Black beauty scatch and swirl free I would not give up this bike.By far in 45 years of riding this is the most fun and enjoyable scooter I have ever owned.Great handling,Great brakes,gets a steady 42 mpg and fits my 6'5" stealth like 370lb body well.Once I get a paint job done right I will have in my eyes the perfect bike.

I would absolutely buy the F6B again. I think the black is the best looking version but am glad I bought red. I have not had as near as many paint issues as you guys that bought the really pretty black bikes. My paint is soft but I have not had many problems with paint swirls or scratches. BEST MOTORCYCLE I HAVE OWNED IN MY 50 YEARS OF RIDING. It is just so much fun to ride!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perspective Unchanged

Penned this thread two months ago and what was written then still applies!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...s-Into-The-F6B

Other than the "soft paint issue" we have a "World Class Machine".

I knew, and I did!

The F6B is so good overall that it negates any other negatives, including the sub-standard paint. That said, I have to admit I was blind-sided by the paint issue, never imagining Honda would cut corners to this extent. Like some others have mentioned, I will probably repaint in the future if I don't sell it for something else. It does concern me that my resell value will most likely suffer due to continuing degradation of the finish over time. Honda should put out an immediate recall but I'm not expecting that to happen. In the meantime, I'm trying not to obsess over this and just enjoy riding a truly remarkable machine.

I knew nothing about the paint issues when I went to the Dealer, as I was considering the VFR initially, but when I got to the showroom and saw the F6B I knew that was my next bike. I've never been a fan of black vehicles, too hard to keep looking nice, never owned one, and am happy I chose the red, had white been a color choice that would have been my top choice. My paint seems to be fine, but I have not washed it yet either. This is the best street bike I've ever owned, but then again it is by far the most expensive, if I have to repaint it down the road, white it shall be I am disappointed that Honda has not stepped up and made it right for those who do have the paint problem. I've always considered Honda to be a quality manufacturer after owning a few of their cars, so I had no reservations about my purchase.

I have both the VFR and the F6B and I have no problems with paint.
    I do the usual buildup of paint cleaner / show car glaze / carnuba and it comes out fine.
    Anything that gets dusty and you rub your leg against it during a day's ride is going to dull the paint. Keep it dusted to keep scratching to a minimum. You can get clear protector sheet too.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.