Horrible Dealer Experience
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horrible Dealer Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Horrible Dealer Experience

Not sure what the rules are on calling dealerships out. On the last board I was on it was not allowed, so I will refrain from naming names. I have had the worst experience in a while at the dealership where I purchased my F6B.

1) Went in and was quoted a price. I told the salesman that I would pay $xxx for the bike plus grips, pax floorboards, and pax backrest w/ rack installed and 2 helmets. The salesman left to do his thing. I picked out the items above (supposedly all Hondaline parts -- more on that later). Next thing I know, I'm in with the finance guy to sell me the items like extended warranty, etc. Then I get the paperwork. I've signed about 3 of the many documents when the official bill of sale comes. I notice that the price is $xxx PLUS $1800. No negotiation before this at all. If I had not noticed this at this point, I would have been obliged to pay they're $1800 mark-up. We had a very long discussion about this and I walked. About an hour later, I got a call from the dealership and they would meet my price +$300. I wasn't happy with this but agreed. Went back and purchased the bike. Had a GREAT week riding and loving the new ride.

2) Went back to have the accessories installed. The grips that were ordered were the wrong grips, the rack had not arrived, and somehow the pax floorboards missed the final paperwork. Initially I was called back to look at the grips and make a decision. They had some nice Kury's in stock for less money. The parts manger said he would issue me a parts credit and I told him not to worry about it because that was part of the purchase anyway. Then I found out from the salesman that the floorboards did not make the final invoice. We went back and forth over the floorboards but since I missed it on the invoice (even though it was there initially and the salesman, the parts manager, and the service manager ALL remember this discussion taking place, I would be responsible to pay for the floorboards (however, they would be kind enough to cover the install).

They would have lost $120 at most on the boards. Now they have lost ALL of my business as well as anyone else I can steer away from the place.

The only good thing out of this is that I LOVE the bike. The best or at least one of the best I have ever owned. There are other dealerships in the area and my business will go there. (NOTE: if one of the moderators answers about naming names, I will -- I just don't want to get thrown off after a couple of posts)

Thanks for letting me rant,

Blaine.

ring em up !

i'd call the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU !

sounds like used car lot tactics
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

They don't call the "Stealerships" for nothing....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

That's unfortunate. Unfortunately, it is a part of the sales business at times, which is why I could never work in sales. I would get fired within two weeks for giving away the store.

The worst thing that has happened to me at dealer happened about ten years ago, when a sales manager threw the keys to my trade in at me and told me to shove my calculator up my arse. This happened after I bargained them pretty hard on the price of a used vehicle, then they low-balled me on the trade-in and I squelched the deal.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

shooter
    I named my dealership when they tried to put the screws to me on the recall.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I named my dealership when they tried to put the screws to me on the recall.
    Fair enough, it is RC Hill Honda in Deland, FL. A relatively new dealership. I was trying to stay local to support the local economy etc. etc.

This was a Honda only dealership. To be clear, I am not upset with the price -- heck, I would not have even been upset with a true negotiation. However, that did not happen and the seeming underhandedness in the way I was treated really got my dander up. But no fear, there are at least 2 more dealerships within 25 minutes from here. They will be getting all of my business for parts and service (as well as any future bike purchases).

Blaine.

Quote Originally Posted by busflyer View Post
    This was a Honda only dealership. To be clear, I am not upset with the price -- heck, I would not have even been upset with a true negotiation. However, that did not happen and the seeming underhandedness in the way I was treated really got my dander up. But no fear, there are at least 2 more dealerships within 25 minutes from here. They will be getting all of my business for parts and service (as well as any future bike purchases).

Blaine.
    You can always report them to Honda Corporate Offices.
    Not saying it'll happen but you might get a refund from the dealer if the transaction was not legitimate.

http://powersports.honda.com/contact.aspx

Customer Service

How do I contact Honda Motorcycle Customer Support?
    For customer or product related questions or comments you can contact Honda Motorcycle Customer Support by telephone at 866-784-1870, Monday - Friday 8:30 - 4:30 PST. Please have your Vehicle Identification Number or Hull Identification Number ready when calling. Or by mail at: Honda Motorcycle Customer Support, P.O. Box 2200, Torrance, CA 90501.

Quote Originally Posted by busflyer View Post
    Not sure what the rules are on calling dealerships out. On the last board I was on it was not allowed, so I will refrain from naming names. I have had the worst experience in a while at the dealership where I purchased my F6B.

1) Went in and was quoted a price. I told the salesman that I would pay $xxx for the bike plus grips, pax floorboards, and pax backrest w/ rack installed and 2 helmets. The salesman left to do his thing. I picked out the items above (supposedly all Hondaline parts -- more on that later). Next thing I know, I'm in with the finance guy to sell me the items like extended warranty, etc. Then I get the paperwork. I've signed about 3 of the many documents when the official bill of sale comes. I notice that the price is $xxx PLUS $1800. No negotiation before this at all. If I had not noticed this at this point, I would have been obliged to pay they're $1800 mark-up. We had a very long discussion about this and I walked. About an hour later, I got a call from the dealership and they would meet my price +$300. I wasn't happy with this but agreed. Went back and purchased the bike. Had a GREAT week riding and loving the new ride.

2) Went back to have the accessories installed. The grips that were ordered were the wrong grips, the rack had not arrived, and somehow the pax floorboards missed the final paperwork. Initially I was called back to look at the grips and make a decision. They had some nice Kury's in stock for less money. The parts manger said he would issue me a parts credit and I told him not to worry about it because that was part of the purchase anyway. Then I found out from the salesman that the floorboards did not make the final invoice. We went back and forth over the floorboards but since I missed it on the invoice (even though it was there initially and the salesman, the parts manager, and the service manager ALL remember this discussion taking place, I would be responsible to pay for the floorboards (however, they would be kind enough to cover the install).

They would have lost $120 at most on the boards. Now they have lost ALL of my business as well as anyone else I can steer away from the place.

The only good thing out of this is that I LOVE the bike. The best or at lest one of the best I have ever owned. There are other dealerships in the area and my business will go there. (NOTE: if one of the moderators answers about naming names, I will -- I just don't want to get thrown off after a couple of posts)

Thanks for letting me rant,

Blaine.
    I don't know about the policy for identifying dealerships on this board, but someone should name this place and have it checked out...I have had two similar experiences at multi-line dealers in the past and will NEVER go back to them...My F6B was purchased at a Honda only dealer and everything was up-front at the closing, although the finance guy tried to get more from me with extended warranty costs, which I politely declined....After I retired from Ford I sold bikes at a local dealership for a year or so and finally quit as most of their deals were corrupt and "rigged" with extremely high finance costs and "shady" practices....Found out a few months later that the "so-called" finance manager was making over six figures selling bad deals and warranties for his own profit........Ain't life grand with these dealers!!!

Well, "Pensacola Motorsports" is going to get the chance to impress me.
    My parts are in (yes, F6B this time).
    I am going to have them flush the front brakes and clutch fluid as well.
    At 17,000 miles we are going to skip the air cleaner replacement until 24k.
    Also getting new shoes. Probably staying with Bridgestones. At 17k, they still look pretty good, although they are "squaring" a bit from the long hauls.

Contemplating DS, but as someone on this board quipped: "You can put work boots on a ballerina, and they'll last longer, but the girl's performance won't be the same."
    And that rung true with me.
    Cheers!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce