Your state's registration fee - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your state's registration fee

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Here in Queensland it is $443 for one year. That is rego and 3rd party insurance.
    Wow !!!

Is that a covert way for the goobermint down there to discourage motorcyclists, from riding motorcycles?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

All registration in Australia is expensive as is our tax system . I believe we are one of the highest tax paying country's in the world. The registration is broken into the following.

Third Party Insurance ... $279.60.
    Registration Fee .........., $109.45.
    Traffic Improvement Fee..$54.90

I do not have a clue what a Traffic Improvement Fee is, given it is about the cost of a carton of beer and a kilo of prawns I could have an educated guess.

My VTX was $48.75 in Washington State, however I live in Kitsap County and outside the city of Bremerton. Local municipalities can tack on various "excise taxes"

The B should be the same, I'll find out when I finally take it home for a visit...Then I'll be right back here SoCal for the rest of the year...

Colorado is VERY High

I paid $211.51 to renew in 2015. It was even higher when I bought the bike in 2014. Colorado is one of the worst in the nation. Registration taxes for new cars and trucks can easily exceed $1000, and sales tax adds thousands more!

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    All registration in Australia is expensive as is our tax system . I believe we are one of the highest tax paying country's in the world. The registration is broken into the following.

Third Party Insurance ... $279.60.
    Registration Fee .........., $109.45.
    Traffic Improvement Fee..$54.90

I do not have a clue what a Traffic Improvement Fee is, given it is about the cost of a carton of beer and a kilo of prawns I could have an educated guess.
    What is 3rd Party Insurance? Is that insurance on the bike or uninsured motorists insurance or something else ?

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    What is 3rd Party Insurance? Is that insurance on the bike or uninsured motorists insurance or something else ?
    IT is a tax for insurance for people that get hurt in accidents so if they sue for compensation against someone that doesn't have insurance. If that makes sense.

My rego fee is $241 per year, which is relativeiy cheap for Australia, in New South Wales Motorcycle rego fees including third party insurance is over $800 per year plus annual inspection fee of about $50.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by BigT01 View Post
    IT is a tax for insurance for people that get hurt in accidents so if they sue for compensation against someone that doesn't have insurance. If that makes sense.

My rego fee is $241 per year, which is relativeiy cheap for Australia, in New South Wales Motorcycle rego fees including third party insurance is over $800 per year plus annual inspection fee of about $50.

Tony
    We have uninsured motorist insurance as well, but it is on the vehicle's insurance policy, not the registration. Vehicle insurance is mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    NPR's Planet Money podcast below profiled a guy who did this for years as well. You may find it interesting.

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/20...rry-vs-the-irs
    Did find this: ".....led to a trial on three charges of tax evasion.On February 5, 2010 those charges were dropped and he pleaded guilty to three misdemeanor charges of failing to file income tax returns on time (for tax years 1999, 2000, and 2001)." He was a commodities trader - and with all stock exchange trades the person MUST USE A TAX ID #; and thus, he had 'tax able income'. btw, lying on a tax return is a felony; whereas not filing is a misdemeanor.

Also, I DO NOT used a 'taxpayer ID #'. HUGE difference between Larry Williams and me. And, an attorney named Cryer was facing similar consequences; however, he was acquitted on July 11, 2007. Cryer did not make any of his arguments about the legality of the income tax to the jury itself. Instead he asserted that he really did not believe that he owed the taxes, so there was no criminal intent. The jury genuinely believed Cryer was not liable for the $73,000 in taxes the government says he owes for tax years 2000 and 2001. Absent proof of criminal intent, the jury acquitted him. Guess if one is hauled into a court, it depends on just how well your case is presented to the jury. Countless 'defendants' have been acquitted by juries for 'failure to file'. Think the media or public schools are going to tell you?

Also, no $$$ stripped from any workers check and sent to gov't workers pays for any services in America. This is a proved fact by Pres R.R. when he set up the Grace Commission (top business execs and economics) to find out just exactly where 'Subtitle A Income Taxes' go. This quote from the Grace Commission says it all;

"100% of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the Federal Debt ... all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services taxpayers expect from government."
    -Grace Commission report submitted to President Ronald Reagan - January 15, 1984"
    Think the media and /or the public schools are going to instruct 'we the people' of this?

PROPERTY TAXES pays for schools/ teachers/cops/ fire/ courts, etc., etc.
    GAS TAX / vehicle registration, fees, etc., etc. pays for streets / hwys, etc., etc.
    SALES TAX - basically a monstrous slush fund for local / state gov't workers.

Got it? Subtitle A "Income Tax" pays for NO SERVICES. Nada, none, zip, zero. So, I have absolutely no desire to be a slave for gov't workers. I work to hard for my compensation for labor. With the last 3 FULL pay checks I received - I took 'the extra cash' and ordered about 4K ish in bad ass accessories for the B. (I'm keeping the economy rolling.) With the extra funds, instead of doing the work on my bike, I'm going to have a local start up race shop put them all on for me. (again, I'm keeping the economy rolling).

Cheers.