Arkansas this weekend

Thread: Arkansas this weekend

Arkansas this weekend

I'm heading down to Arkansas to ride the Ozarks, heading out tomorrow afternoon. I'll stay in Eureka Springs and plan to ride as many roads in the area as possible. Pig Trail Road seems to be a requisite. I've glanced at some suggested motorcycle rides in that area of the Ozarks and all look pretty good. I'll have Friday and Saturday to explore, before riding back home to Omaha on Sunday.
    If you have any suggestions in the area, I'd appreciate them.

Don't know for sure what you are interested in ... but here is a route that will help wear some of the rubber off the sides of those tires!

https://goo.gl/maps/k5dbLfDRSj82

Google reports the distance to be 231 miles. The only fuel you will see is in Huntsville (you will go right by a Shell Station on the way through town), then in Jasper and Berryville.
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Don't know for sure what you are interested in ... but here is a route that will help wear some of the rubber off the sides of those tires!

Google reports the distance to be 231 miles. The only fuel you will see is in Huntsville (you will go right by a Shell Station on the way through town), then in Jasper and Berryville.
    That looks like a great route! After seeing nothing but straight roads here in Nebraska all winter, I've been looking forward to seeing some twisties, hills and forests (three things that are completely absent in Nebraska). Thanks!

I read your post again and realized you said Friday and Saturday. No trip to Arkansas is complete without a visit to the Oark General Store and some of the best pie in the State.

This route includes a stop there. It is a little longer at 290 miles and includes more twisty roads. A good place to get fuel will be in Dover, Arkansas. After Dover you won't see any for awhile.

https://goo.gl/maps/hNYHHVxBjxk

Hope you have a great visit!!

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Full Traxxion
    IBA # 42128

Thanks, Monk. I made it out to the Oark General Store today. Cool place, nice folks and good pie! I didn't take the entire route you suggested, but ran part of it, along with some random roads. 200 miles, mostly through rain today. There are some great roads in this area! Stopped now to watch some March Madness. Tomorrow should be a drier day with more miles to be had.
    Attachment 19686

Well, dang!! you had to post a picture of pie and ice cream!!! That just ain't right!!! Now, I'm hungry!!!

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Full Traxxion
    IBA # 42128

Wow!

Monk,
    I took your advice and followed your suggested route (and more) today. All I can say is: "Wow!". That is a fantastic route and surely helped to relieve the flat spots that were forming on the centers of my treads. Awesome twisties, great elevation changes, amazing scenery and virtually no vehicles on the roads. I couldn't have asked for a better ride. Thank you for the recommendation, Monk. Certainly this will go down as one of the best rides of my life. I would highly recommend this route to anyone traveling through the area.
    The F6B handles the twisties far better than any bike that big should. With the roads to myself and nice cool weather (sunny and upper 40's), I was able to really let loose with the bike and enjoy the route. If I lived here, I fear I would end up with a stack of speeding tickets. It seems the roads here were designed with motorcycles in mind. I found it impossible to stay within the posted limits. I don't encourage anyone to break the law, but it sure was a blast today!
    I really wish I would have stopped to take pictures, but I was enjoying the ride so much that I didn't want to stop. Tomorrow morning I'll ride back home to the land of flat, straight roads... Until my next trip to the Ozarks.

-Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post

Jeff

Glad you enjoyed your visit to the Ozarks!!

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Full Traxxion
    IBA # 42128