Pdx Riders - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pdx Riders

Poker Run

It wasn't the complete group. It was just one person. We had a newer person (to Poker Runs), a great leader and experienced rider, who led and then me and another. It just would have been so much better if the upset rider had just relayed their feelings and then I am sure the rest of us could have adjusted or just met up at the end, if that is what was agreed upon. I actually tried to catch up with the rider, but other riders, traffic, and stop lights tended to delay me more and more. Plus the upset rider was just moving too fast to catch. Oh well, another day and another run and all will be well. Just had to vent!

Ride safe all!
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Can't please everyone. Wish I could of made it. Riding on a bus with 50+ pre-teens was not as fun as riding my F6B. But I did get major points with my daughter for chaperoning her trip.
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson

Hey Mike,

Quote Originally Posted by CopperMike View Post
    Can't please everyone. Wish I could of made it. Riding on a bus with 50+ pre-teens was not as fun as riding my F6B. But I did get major points with my daughter for chaperoning her trip.
    I am sure your daughter thinks you are even cooler than she thought you were! I know I do, all those kids and you made it both ways!!! Way to go! I wish you were on the ride too, but as you have said, there will be more, This Saturday I am doing that all day 500 miler, starting out at 0600. Usually finish about 1800. Let's try to put together some kind of putt for after that in a week or so. Depends on your schedule. Remember I can ride during the week too.
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Hi
    New to the area... I'm in Kelso wa. Please let me know when you guys have more rides. I would like to go!!!

PDX Riders

PM me with your email and phone #, I will add you to the mailing list. There is a Poker Run coming up in Stayton, OR. Don't know how far you would like to go to do a run. I am also trying to get a coastal run for just the F6B guys in mid June on a Sunday. We have 2 guys who work 6 days, so only Sunday is an option for them. I think we are 11 or 12 guys now. No club or meetings to attend. Just get together and ride when we can. Just finished a 500 mile Poker Run the day before Mother's Day. Beautiful ride. Anyway, hope to hear from you. Take care.

Taz (Chuck)
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Cool.
    Gonna B quite a group when we all come together.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Oregon Rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolsch View Post
    Hi
    New to the area... I'm in Kelso wa. Please let me know when you guys have more rides. I would like to go!!!

There is a site called Cyclefish.com that lists a lot of poker runs. You have to go online and pick your state. It is all free. The June runs are all in Oregon there are 3. If you PM me I will send you info. It takes up a lot of 'room' on the site so I don't want to put it on the main board. Talk soon, I hope!
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Oregon Sunday Ride in June

I would like to get some input from the group, including the rider in Kelso about our Sunday ride in June. I need to know if you have a date that would be better than another and if you have any ideas for stops. We will start out in NW Portland to pick up any riders from Battleground/Vancouver area. Then on up Hwy 30 to pick up maybe as many as 4 riders between PDX and the Longview cut off. Maybe have anyone coming from that area to meet up at the scenic pull out up the hill, on the way to Astoria. It is about half way up (roughly). Then on to Astoria for food/gas, whatever the group decides. Then from Astoria down to Tillamook and then Seaside, and south to Otis and then over to I-5 and then to Keizer and I will continue north to Oregon City.

I have gotten minimal interest in this ride. If I cannot get more, I will just drop it. Just to remind everyone we are just a riding group, based on the same bike type. No leaders, just all of us being followers of the front tire.

Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

I am up for any ride Chas but I have friends coming into town for Rose Festival weekend June 10-12, Fathers Day is on 19th of June and I have a grandchild coming into this world around the end of the month, other than that, sign me up

http://www.rosefestival.org/

Deyle and I are in. How about the second or third Sunday in June.
    Attachment 20959
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe