Went to set appointment for recall, got new bike instead
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Went to set appointment for recall, got new bike instead

Went to set appointment for recall, got new bike instead

2013 black standard, paid 17900.00 in 2013, had the swirling and scuffs, and 4 coats liquid glass. Needed rear tire after 9500 miles and brake recall. Bought new 2015 matte silver deluxe for 17900.00 instead. Paperwork and trip to bank was just faster than waiting for service. I am an impatient man!!!
    Started telling wife why I bought same bike by listing better paint, recall work done,new 3 year warranty, 2 new tires, black exhaust that I had been admiring, plus cruise, etc.

She said I don't have to justify, it just seems strange buying same bike again.
    Plus got free HJC modular helmet thrown in!

Switched over seat,windshield,luggage rack, and a few odds and ends. Felt like free upgrades.

Jim

Nice, welcome to the fast F6B side of the street. C'mon and admit it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

+1 👆
    2015 f6b deluxe - matte grey
    1998 fxd superglide - black

Quote Originally Posted by jimsol1 View Post
    2013 black standard, paid 17900.00 in 2013, had the swirling and scuffs, and 4 coats liquid glass. Needed rear tire after 9500 miles and brake recall. Bought new 2015 matte silver deluxe for 17900.00 instead. Paperwork and trip to bank was just faster than waiting for service. I am an impatient man!!!
    Started telling wife why I bought same bike by listing better paint, recall work done,new 3 year warranty, 2 new tires, black exhaust that I had been admiring, plus cruise, etc.

Switched over seat,windshield,luggage rack, and a few odds and ends. Felt like free upgrades.

Jim
    I think thats awesome...lol...nah forget recall, i will take the gray one instead...lol...Congratulations!

since it's matte grey, you won't be needing the left over liquid glass?

What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

oops, i must have cruise control envy
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Congrats Jim

Funny story but makes perfect sense to me. Sounds like you have yourself a good woman,,Did you say cause it's the best bike ever.

When I tell my wife I'm thinking about buying some new part for mine she laughs and says sometimes I think you love that bike more than me, I say naw but it's a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsol1 View Post

Jim
    Just curious if your willing to say.....What did they give you for the 2013 in trade??...Many of us that bought 2013's saw a huge drop in retail price in later years as the bikes were not selling well.....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Just curious if your willing to say.....What did they give you for the 2013 in trade??...Many of us that bought 2013's saw a huge drop in retail price in later years as the bikes were not selling well.....Ride safe
    x2. I am curious to hear what they gave you. Not going to be an easy bike for them to sell used when there are plenty of new ones around for ~$14k!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Congrats on new (same) better bike!
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson