Madstad Shield

Thread: Madstad Shield

Madstad Shield

Just put a Madstad shield on. Per the web site recommendation I got the 15" (Im 6'4"). I may have to fet a shorter one because it is at the bottom and I have to look through the top of it.

Wonder if I should have gotten a shorter shield.

Quote Originally Posted by gregj View Post
    Just put a Madstad shield on. Per the web site recommendation I got the 15" (Im 6'4"). I may have to fet a shorter one because it is at the bottom and I have to look through the top of it.

Wonder if I should have gotten a shorter shield.
    Is there any visual distortion? If not you should be fine. Just need time to get used to it.

I have a G\W Vstream mounted on my F6B and I look through the windshield at about an inch or so from the top of it. Works very well.

Can you post a couple of pictures of it installed, with it angled back as well as upright?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

That's personal preference...
    I have a 15" for the questionable weather rides, and an 11" for the nice weather rides, it's a perfect setup for me at 5'11".

Thanks to the advice of the good folks here, I thing this shield will be the catz azz.

Took a quick ride, and have it all the way down and just a smidge forward. I'm no longer looking through the shield except for maybe 1/2 sec in front of the bike. No visual distortion that I could tell. Very nice quality plastic. Ride was very, very smooth at 60-80, I can feel the wind is way above my head. I still feel like it's a little too big, and think I will order the 11" or 13" when it warms up. This should allow me to adjust the height some, depending on temp, rain, etc. Right now, there is no vertical adjustment needed. If I raise it, it will be way toooooo high.

But it is a night/day difference from the stocker.

I'll try and post some pics next week of the angles, as we will be going out of town for the weekend.

We lost our oldest son almost 3 years ago. Thanks to his friends and fraternity bros, there is a dedication for a memorial bench at his university this weekend. We lost him a couple of months after he graduated with a BS in Comp Science. Tomorrow would be his 26th birthday.
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe
    2007 Honda ST1300A (176K miles)
    2003 Honda VTX1800C (80K miles)
    Waaaay to many MX bikes to list.

Good to here you like the shield. I have a 15" that I will be installing. Might be a little tall for me. I'm 5'11".

Sorry to read about your son.

I also have a 15" and 11" in Madstad.
    The wind protection with the 15 is great when I take a trip or for winter riding and need that total coverage but at 5' 11" I drop the shield all the way down and tilt back to see over it if I get caught in the rain... otherwise the 11" is on the rest of the time.

Having both shields covers all my riding needs and it is just a simple 4 screw change to go from the 15" to the 11"

!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey HONDA how about the adjustable shield in the F6B like the Wing !!!!!!!!!!!

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    If the shield is too tall, MADSTADT will gladly replace it (at no cost to our members) as long as it has not been scratched.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

at 6'-3" my 13" works for me. adjusted to 60 degrees, all the way up, and I look over the top.