Convert to no back rest?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Convert to no back rest?

Convert to no back rest?

I am not needing the backrest on my deluxe, for now. Maybe the beautiful wife will decide to ride someday? Anyhow, I removed the backrest to give a nice clean look. I'm left with the mounting plate to cover the mounting holes. What part do I need to restore this look to a standard non-deluxe rear end? Can so someone post a pic of the non-deluxe back end? Thx...

I just bought black plastic plugs to cover the holes. I suppose you could also consider adding a rack if that's of interest.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Send me your Deluxe backrest parts and I'll sent you my Standard parts. Yours will look 100% OEM!

Quote Originally Posted by projectapollo View Post
    I am not needing the backrest on my deluxe, for now. Maybe the beautiful wife will decide to ride someday? Anyhow, I removed the backrest to give a nice clean look. I'm left with the mounting plate to cover the mounting holes. What part do I need to restore this look to a standard non-deluxe rear end? Can so someone post a pic of the non-deluxe back end? Thx...
    If you ever wish to sell it, keep me in mind.
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Send me your Deluxe backrest parts and I'll sent you my Standard parts. Yours will look 100% OEM!
    What are the standard parts? In any event, I'm not parting with the backrest, just not using it for now. I just want to convert to standard OEM look. But thanks for the offer.

What are the standard parts? In any event, I'm not parting with the backrest, just not using it for now. I just want to convert to standard OEM look. But thanks for the offer.
    That's a great idea for bike week. (AZ Bike Week is next week) Stock shield and no backrest or rack.

Where did the plastic plugs come from? Will the same ones from the Bikemp3 rack work?

I believe that he was tugging on your pants leg. There are no standard parts, we have a blank area.

These are the pieces you need to find to fill the access holes. Left and Right top lids.

P/N 08R71-MJG-670

backrest.jpg

Put a offer out and will sell my take-off blanks, please include paypal and shipping fees.

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I believe that he was tugging on your pants leg. There are no standard parts, we have a blank area.
    Ahh. LOL. Good one.