Headed to Chicago from Vegas via Rt 66

Thread: Headed to Chicago from Vegas via Rt 66

Headed to Chicago from Vegas via Rt 66

Are there and sites that are a must see?

For viewing in Amarillo TX the buried Caddies and The Big Texan steakhouse. I said for viewing because the Caddies stink to high heaven of spray paint and if it's been raining it's a mess of mud. Been to the Big Texan twice, the second time was not needed. Food is not that great but for a one time looksy I guess you can stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Hackberry (don't blink)

i've ridden the entire length of rt 66, Hackberry AZ gas station (no gas there, lol) is still my favorite stop

it's on a preserved stretch of 66 between Kingman AZ and Seligman AZ, (Seligman is pretty cool too)

oh, in Seligman, there's an old fashion barber shop, the barber's name is Angel, he is 80 years old and still does a great job (be for warned, shave $30 and haircut $30, lol)

just don't get him laughing, he had to stop several times so he wouldn't slice me
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_weasle View Post
    i've ridden the entire length of rt 66, Hackberry AZ gas station (no gas there, lol) is still my favorite stop

it's on a preserved stretch of 66 between Kingman AZ and Seligman AZ, (Seligman is pretty cool too)

oh, in Seligman, there's an old fashion barber shop, the barber's name is Angel, he is 80 years old and still does a great job (be for warned, shave $30 and haircut $30, lol)

just don't get him laughing, he had to stop several times so he wouldn't slice me
    It's an interesting and historic ride. As with most remote 2 lane blacktops, it's an nice helmet optional ride. If you head toward boulder and x over the damn, and south down AZ 93 to Kingman. If your desire is to do the long, up and down and winding route thru oatman, then leave Vegas via NV route 95. The AZ route is helmet optional. Don't forget the sunscreen.