North East Meet and Greet
Page 1 of 46 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

North East Meet and Greet

This is a carry over from a recent thread called new friends.
    There we voted on trying a meet and greet on April 10. All are welcome to come and ride with other F6B owners and compare bikes and see added options and bust some stones. If you have some friends who ride, but haven't seen the F6 light yet bring them along. Maybe we can help.

The current plan is:

Meet at the Port Jarvis I-84 welcome center 10 AM depart at 10:30 sharp so all colors had time to get there. We'll be following route 209 S through the park (it's about 25 miles of cars and bikes only, no trucks allowed). We'll then stop at the Bush kill water fall reception area giving all colors time to catch up. Then on to River road about 10 miles of twisty park road on the way down to the, Delaware water gap. Then farther down to the Apple Tree bakery in the town of Water Gap for lunch. From there it will be up to the riders to decide weather to ride the Jersey side back up north to I-84 or ride back up through the Poconos to I-84. Those coming up from Jersey may decide to start heading back on I-80 with new stories and new friends.

All this of course will depend on the weather and input from the participants. So please chime in and let us know of your coming and your ideas.

A rain date if necessary will be set at a future time

What town is that welcome center in? I think it's a bit too far one way for me.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

The welcome center is the first exit in Pa. I am all good for the April 10. It says put in what you like to do, well riding around works for me, the rest are just details ( they mean nothing) I will need to be home Monday morning by 7 am for work. lol

It all looks good for me...

wjduke, Matamoras PA I believe is the first town over the NY PA line. Only 75 miles for me....Probably 250 miles from you.

Sounds intriguing. It's almost 3 hours from me...I'm a definate...maybe.

If it wasn't 5 hours from me, I'd be there. I sure could use a meal at the Milford Diner. Always drive that area on the way to the Blue Ridge Parkway every year. You guys sure have some nice riding down there in Pa.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    It all looks good for me...

wjduke, Matamoras PA I believe is the first town over the NY PA line. Only 75 miles for me....Probably 250 miles from you.
    It's a tick over 4 hours per mapquest. 8 hour round trip just travel time is tough this time of year. Leave in the dark and come home in the dark, but, I'm thinking about it! Weather and temps will play a big role. That date is the two year anniversary of my accident too.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Sounds intriguing. It's almost 3 hours from me...I'm a definate...maybe.
    Ahh, come on, If you leave by 7:15 am you'll be here in plenty of time, unless of course, you have one of those slower colors

2hr for me via I84 128 miles...I'll meet Dan in Danbury
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Looks like about 5 hrs for me with 8 sections of road construction. We would probably opt for finding lodging for Saturday night near there. Weather would need to be nice to consider, but not out of the question yet.