2016 GWRAA rally in Billings, Montana

Thread: 2016 GWRAA rally in Billings, Montana

2016 GWRAA rally in Billings, Montana

Has anyone out there attended one of the GWRAA rallys? Past posts indicate a few west coasters were thinking about going to the Reno, Nevada event in 2015. I see they put an F6B on the back of one of the '015 rally shirts (with a couple of full wings beside it) so at least B riders are being recognized. The 2016 rally is in Billings, Montana Aug. 31 to Sept. 3. My impression is that it's too big and probably suffers because of it. I can attest though that riding the Beartooth Highway, which is in the neighbourhood of the host city, is one for the bucket list. http://wing-ding.org/

Yep

I attended both the Rally's in Bilings they had previously. The first one (can't remember the year), was awesome.....venders, bikes, etc., nothing like Sturgis though. The rally was well attended and I had a great time. The second one was not as big as the first one because of the calendar......the 4th was mid week so people had a hard time getting the time off. It was OK, only because the first one in Billings was the year before.....I often wonder why they did that.

I attended the Reno Rally last year and it was OK. The rides around the Reno area are some of my favorites so I while I attended the rally I rode alot.....the ride around Lake Tahoe and over Mt. Rose is awesome.

I will be attending the Rally in Billings because it will be the 1) the end of a two week vacation (heading to Red Deer, Alberta for a Rally the week before), 2) probably my last Wing Ding, and 3) my brother lives nearby and a I haven't seen him i a few years.

Bear Tooth Pass is a "Bucket List" item.......and I will do that again as well as Chief Joseph Pass and the Gun Museum in Cody, WY.

Hope to see you and other F6B's there.

Ride Safe, But Often!!!

Big maybe for me.
    We have relatives outside Billings we plan to ride out to see.
    Timing might not work, but maybe..
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

I'm planning to go - registered and sharing a room reserved by one of my buddies who is traveling on his Wing from South Carolina !
    I have been to the last three in Madison Wis(met ChopTop), last year at Huntsville Al and Billings this year. This will be the closest one to me so about a days ride. They are huge but still fascinating in the size of it and if you want farkles this is the event to get them,have it installed,custom paint and classes. Everybody is cool but most of all for me is the RIDE !

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    I'm planning to go - registered and sharing a room reserved by one of my buddies who is traveling on his Wing from South Carolina !
    I have been to the last three in Madison Wis(met ChopTop), last year at Huntsville Al and Billings this year. This will be the closest one to me so about a days ride. They are huge but still fascinating in the size of it and if you want farkles this is the event to get them,have it installed,custom paint and classes. Everybody is cool but most of all for me is the RIDE !
    Remember that and it was a pleasure meeting you. Would consider it if I had not committed to the F6b rally. Have fun.

Anyone? Bueller?

As this date gets closer, it would be interesting to know if any other F6B riders plan to be there.

Went to the wing ding in Madison a few years back, met Grendl, won't make this one, w/Sturgis at the beginning of August and the F6b Rally at the end of Sept, I don't think I could get more time off from the boss, ok, S.O. I will do the Bear Tooth again, once over and then back, it was great !!