North East Meet and Greet - Page 10
Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'm a rookie at this, so bear with me...will I need to reserve a room someplace? I wouldn't think so before Memorial Day but...also, is there one preferred over the others?
    There's a Comfort Inn located just off I-84! Here's the info! Should you need a room this Motel is 1st class!

http://r.search.yahoo.com/cbclk2/dWU...PN7.g9ElaaC6w-

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    No, Bob 109's ending point and mine are approx. the same right off I-84. The dinner he suggested in Lake Ariel is actually further from the jct with I-84 by about 5 miles. It still depends on which restaurant we pick to end at. The barbecue place is in, Hamlin. You have to go through Hamlin up 191 5 miles north to get to Lake Ariel. The Hotel is south and closer to that I-84 jct. All are approx. 20 miles west or about 15 to 20 minutes from the starting point at highway speeds on I-84.
    Thanks Bob, sounds good.

Richie

Thanks Bob109...room is booked. Come on Mother Nature...be kind.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Thanks Bob109...room is booked. Come on Mother Nature...be kind.
    The Motel is adjacent to Twin Rocks Diner. They have good food at reasonable prices and the service is just as good. You'll be a mere block and a half from I-84

I'm still in

I'm still in for sure. As for food, I'm a Diner fan but who doesn't love good BBQ.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Is the meet time still 10am? I will not be able to do the ride but i would like to go and meet you guys before you go on your way.

I'm in

I'm in, any food for me
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

I'm in and I mentioned it to my buddy, but he not a definite. I will get an answer when I return home. as for eats I will go with the flow, diner or BBQ is all good.

NE Meet and Eat

I'm in. It will be nice to see other F6Bs.
    Dave

I met Bob 109 yesterday morning at the local truck stop and he bragged he had a full tank of gas. So we ran the original planed route in reverse. We left the truck stop at 10:40 am.
    We took I-380 down to SR 423 (my personal favorite winding road) over to the dam and then down I-80 to the Apple Pie bakery for a dog and pie lunch. With coffee it cost $4.99 but the place could be hell for a person on a diet and a budget. The owner warned me on Sunday she will have the outdoor barbecue going and the next door dinner open.
    Then we got the first of the bad news. They are working on a bridge so there was a 2 mile detour before we got on River road. Not a big deal. Once on the road I think Bob enjoyed the technical ride through the National park to the water fall. I'm sorry about the side turned picture but if you really want to know what I look like you'll have to turn your head or your monitor. I know I'm too lazy to right the ship!
    I think Bob enjoyed the short walk in to see the falls and the native trout in the stream. It's a truly beautiful place. It will be our first stop Sunday morning.
    The second bit of bad news Bob said he passed the Barbecue place in Hamlin last Sunday and it was still closed for the season. So I took a ride up there and confirmed that it will not open until May 6.
    There is another place right on the road (SR-507) off I-380 leading to the jct I-84 called the Irish pub with good thick Hamburgers, pizza and clams in garlic sauce. Or we can continue down 507 to the Hotel /bar, It is owned by an X chef from the NYC Americana restaurant. They have high quality food including over 60 sandwiches plus steaks prime ribs etc to fit any budget.
    My vote is for the Hotel. It's The closest to where the planed ride ends. It's right on the way to I-84 and the original starting point for those going that way.

The third bit of bad news is Bob's tank is empty.

The meeting time will be at 10 am at the reception center off I-84 in Matamoras, PA. Make sure you have a full fuel tank. We will Leave the center at 10:30 am Sharp. Our first stop will be at Dingman's falls reception area 14 miles south on SR-209 if your late and want to catch up. Departing the falls at 11:15.am. On to the Apple Tree Bakery in the town of Delaware Water gap should arrive there 11:45. Depart there 12:15 to the Dam arrive 1 pm leave there 1:15. arrive at the restaurant 2 PM. Depart at your leisure with 100 + miles on your bike and an almost empty fuel tank.