North East Meet and Greet - Page 11
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

Here's a picture of Bob 109 at the falls, the dam tower and a section of the reservoir

Attachment 20461Attachment 20462Attachment 20463

Bob, I should be at the welcome center around noon Saturday. Can't check in until after 2, so I'd be looking to eat and ride a bit. I can meet up closer to the hotel too. Let me know if anything is going on. Anyone else coming in the day before?
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Bob, I should be at the welcome center around noon Saturday. Can't check in until after 2, so I'd be looking to eat and ride a bit. I can meet up closer to the hotel too. Let me know if anything is going on. Anyone else coming in the day before?
    I'll meet you at the reception center, take a little breather and then give you a tour of Hawk's Nest. We can stop at the Port Jervis diner for some good food. The route will bring us right to the door step of your motel. We could end with some pie and coffee at Twin Rock's Diner which is right next to your Motel. Sunday morning I'll meet up with you and return to the reception center. Approximately 30 minutes from the motel.

bob109

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Here's a picture of Bob 109 at the falls, the dam tower and a section of the reservoir

Attachment 20461Attachment 20462Attachment 20463
    I look better upright......just not ready to go horizontal yet

Attachment 20465

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    I'll meet you at the reception center, take a little breather and then give you a tour of Hawk's Nest We can stop at the Port Jervis diner for some good food. The route will bring us right to the door step of your motel. We could end with some pie and coffee at Twin Rock's Diner which is right next to your Motel. Sunday morning morning I'll meet up with you and return to the reception center. Approximately 30 minutes from the motel.

bob109
    Sounds great. I guess I'm about 4 hours away...planning on hitting the road by 7:30 the latest. You guys like your pie!

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Sounds great. I guess I'm about 4 hours away...planning on hitting the road by 7:30 the latest. You guys like your pie!
    Good Food, Good Friends & Good Motorcycles........doesn't get any better

That meet and ride on Saturday sounds like a great idea. Maybe there will be some others who will want to join that ride too. The Hawks nest pull overs are a great scenic spots to see the eagles and hawks fly. The bridge and the museum just add to it.
    Bob do you know the name of that Biker's bar/restaurant that everybody used to stop at just south of the Gob. bridge turn on 97 down by the river? Is it even open? It should be noted this entire area is bike country and for good reason.

I bet you went horizontal Monday when you got home!! I know I did right after I had a piece of pie.

I'm into two rides...need the morning to get there, that's all...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    That meet and ride on Saturday sounds like a great idea. Maybe there will be some others who will want to join that ride too. The Hawks nest pull overs are a great scenic spots to see the eagles and hawks fly. The bridge and the museum just add to it.
    Bob do you know the name of that Biker's bar/restaurant that everybody used to stop at just south of the Gob. bridge turn on 97 down by the river? Is it even open? It should be noted this entire area is bike country and for good reason.

I bet you went horizontal Monday when you got home!! I know I did right after I had a piece of pie.
    Last week I was by the Bar ( Grand Rapids ) you were referring to and it was closed. There were several truck loads of crushed stone in the parking lot. There's a great watering hole in Barrysville. We'll have plenty to do and see along the route. There's just too dang many good places to eat I anticipate we'll have 2.5 hours on the road before we get WJDuke to the Comfort Inn. That includes time to get some great pics of the scenery i.e Hawk's Nest, Robeling Bridge, Zane Gray and the Over Look at the Pack . The roads are in great shape and I'll recheck them this week.

Here is the list

Here is the current list of those planning on at least Sunday's ride. There may be more coming who haven't committed yet and some bringing friends who are "bike challenged" to add to the pack.
    If you are coming please, just reply to the thread so we can add you to the list.
    Anyone who also plans on Saturdays ride please let us know.

1. Bob 109
    2. wjduke
    3. Richie
    4. DMAGOLDRDR
    5. vmaxed
    6. zzh54
    7. dksmith
    8. Bob penn

9. Nightwing_67 (will meet but can't make the ride)