North East Meet and Greet - Page 12
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

The darn weather changes every day it seems and Sunday there, as of today, doesn't look great. I'm still willing to come in Saturday and make that my ride if you guys are available and have to postpone Sunday. I know bob109 is. It's not supposed to rain here, so the ride back in some showers for a short time won't make me cancel. I don't want to postpone anything, trust me on that.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by dksmith View Post
    I'm in. It will be nice to see other F6Bs.
    Dave

Hey Dave, if you still going to the meet, let me know we could meet at exit 11 off 84 gas station at top of ramp on right. Just give me a time, I'm figuring hour to Welcome Center. thanks Jeff

This morning's local forecast is sunny on Saturday with temps in the low 60's. Sunday isn't looking good with possible showers in the afternoon. This is based on a currently stalled front forecast to move north on Sunday bringing rain and temps around 60.

What's the general opinion? Should we hold off making a final decision or hold off until tomorrows forecast?

How do you feel about moving the date to Sunday next week May 8?

I kind of put my eggs in this weekends basket. For my selfish reasons, I'm still looking to head out there Saturday and ride with whoever can make it. bob109 has offered so far. I have the room booked and will ride home in the am, rain or not. I would have cut Sunday short with travel anyway, and feel that I can get a full day of touring in this way.

Now in no way am I trying to change anyone's plans. If the main ride gets changed to the 8th, I'll pass on that one and can always catch the next.

I'll be at the reception center around 11-11:30 Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I kind of put my eggs in this weekends basket. For my selfish reasons, I'm still looking to head out there Saturday and ride with whoever can make it. bob109 has offered so far. I have the room booked and will ride home in the am, rain or not. I would have cut Sunday short with travel anyway, and feel that I can get a full day of touring in this way.

Now in no way am I trying to change anyone's plans. If the main ride gets changed to the 8th, I'll pass on that one and can always catch the next.

I'll be at the reception center around 11-11:30 Saturday.
    My plans are to meet you on Saturday! With temps forecast for the 60's, leathers will be my attire! Still planing on getting you to your motel via the alternate route I described earlier in this thread. Unfortunately we can plan for everything except the weather Anyone who wants to ride with us on Saturday is more than welcome. If all goes well we should be departing the Reception Center 12:15 or a little after. I'll have the lead Saturday and will ensure all who attend a pleasurable and scenic ride

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    My plans are to meet you on Saturday! With temps forecast for the 60's, leathers will be my attire! Still planing on getting you to your motel via the alternate route I described earlier in this thread. Unfortunately we can plan for everything except the weather Anyone who wants to ride with us on Saturday is more than welcome. If all goes well we should be departing the Reception Center 12:15 or a little after.
    I don't need to be at the hotel early for any reason. My overnight stuff will be in the saddlebags. Check in isn't until after 2, so we can head out and ride, hopefully others can join.

Just saw the noon forecast, the prediction is now 90% for rain to start late Saturday night and all day Sunday. The good news is a warmer then average May.

My bad, forget the 8th that's Mother's day. We'll have to move it to at least May 15. State your pleasure.

I don't think I can make the 15th but the 22nd is fine.
    If the rest of the folks go 15th I'll stay as a probably not, but try.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I might do it a second time...I'll follow along for now. I won't book a room so quick though! I work until noon every other Saturday. It would affect my arrival time, that's all.

Sunday May 1 ride officially CANCELED

This mornings forecast is for temps in the 50's with a possible high of 60 for Saturday with possible light showers. Heavy rain starting around 10:30 pm and continuing all day Sunday into Monday temps in the lower to mid 50's.
    Duke, I can't tell you what to do but if I were you I'd get busy and cancel your reservation for Saturday night. Sunday will not be a day to ride anything without a roof and a heater. If you want to still come out and ride Saturday fine, but plan on leaving for home before 4 PM . I know that would be one long hard day in the saddle for anybody.

Shall we try again for a Sunday ride. Possible dates May 15, 22, or the 29. Please type your preferred date. Majority wins. If we keep making plans at least it may solve our drought problem.

AHHH darn, now we're back faced with the great restaurant debate. The barbecue place will be opened by then.