North East Meet and Greet - Page 17
Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

Hey Rain-man, opps, I mean, Wayne, you have the route down pat. We crossed the bridge to Port Jarvis from the reception center and picked up 97 north to the Robeling bridge, crossed over and picked up SR-590 followed that to the town of Hamlin. There we got on SR-191 down to Newfoundland for sandwiches at the hotel. Stumbled out of there got back on SR-191 S down to the Town of, Delaware Water Gap, for Pie. MMMM PIE.
    Then we shot up I-80 to I-380 exit 13 to SR-507 and waited for 109 to catch up (good news effective today the state officially increased the speed limit to 70 mph on 380). You and I then followed 507 down to SR-196 N up to Sterling corners picked up that little side road down to SR-191 to your motel.

It's raining too hard today for me to go for pie but your not that far by your standards perfect weather

I'm definitely rain man...it's all we're getting this week and maybe the weekend. I'm glad I made the trip. I won't be riding much around here. I rode a lot more mile this past winter. I'm ready for another trip, but won't hold my breath.

Road ride for PIE !!!!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Hey Bob, thanks for posting that route. My wife recently inherited some property in Hamlin last year. Her fathers last name was Hanlon and the property is located on Hanlon Rd. I guess the motel you were talking about is the Comfort Inn and the diner across the parking lot? I've stayed and eaten there a few times and never disappointed.

The attached gps file is my best guess on the route, in case anyone wants to see that part of the country. My best guess is your route was about 135 miles. Looks interesting and I will have to do it on my way back from Rolling Thunder. That sure is a nice area.

Attachment 20598
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

I can't open that file Delta, but you got it pretty much. I thought we did about 150. I stayed at the Comfort Inn and did have breakfast at Twin Rocks provided by bob109 on Sunday morning. I'm looking forward to that ride again.

That might be because it is a .gbd file that I made in Mapsource. It was part of the Garmin GPS I purchased quite a few years ago. I think folks use Basecamp today. If you had a gps you could load the file into it and run the route as you guys did. How long did it take you to get to the welcome center from Fall River? It used to take me 6 hours to get to Hamlin from Manchester, that was before I became a slave to the bathroom thanks to my BPH.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Free Lunch

Now that I have your attention BobPenn, lets plan on doing lunch at the Royal Buffet! My treat, as I don't want to be "cheap soab" like your in-laws Its a belated "Birthday Meal". Just don't get use to it We just need a sunny day

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    That might be because it is a .gbd file that I made in Mapsource. It was part of the Garmin GPS I purchased quite a few years ago. I think folks use Basecamp today. If you had a gps you could load the file into it and run the route as you guys did. How long did it take you to get to the welcome center from Fall River? It used to take me 6 hours to get to Hamlin from Manchester, that was before I became a slave to the bathroom thanks to my BPH.
    That makes sense, since I would say you're a couple of hours from me. My cousin lives in Hillsborough...I went there a few weekends ago. I made pretty good time getting to PA. Just under 4 hours. I got to Beacon, NY to meet zzh54, and he's about 45 minutes from the welcome center. I take meds that make me go often. Beacon was a welcome stop, trust me. On the way back, I made it to Middletown, CT., and my back teeth were floating. It's a minor concern on my rally trip, but I should be ok stopping every 200 for fuel.

I was going to mention about mileage. Beacon was right at 200 and I still had two bars left on the gauge. When the light blinks, I don't know, but I did very well on mpg's. I should be making some NH trips this summer. I'll post here and see if you want to ride along. zzh mentioned Mt Washington. I'm not sure I want to do that one!

Road ride for PIE !!!![/QUOTE]

AHHH, another religious convert!!

Hey Bob, thanks for posting that route. My wife recently inherited some property in Hamlin last year. Her fathers last name was Hanlon and the property is located on Hanlon Rd. I guess the motel you were talking about is the Comfort Inn and the diner across the parking lot? I've stayed and eaten there a few times and never disappointed.

The attached gps file is my best guess on the route, in case anyone wants to see that part of the country. My best guess is your route was about 135 miles. Looks interesting and I will have to do it on my way back from Rolling Thunder. That sure is a nice area.

Attachment 20598
    I live 8 miles south of Hamlin off SR-196 on top of the mountain (Since Noah, I've always been afraid of floods). If you do come down this way be sure to let me know so I can put together a party. There is no shortage of things to do or see around here. I know where Hanlon Rd, is but I always thought they just misspelled Hamlin. Thanks for the correction of my limited knowledge.

Good news they put indoor flush toilets in Hamlin!