North East Meet and Greet - Page 20
Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    OK, let me see if I can make a little money on this site! Who wants to bet me next Sunday May 15 will be ride able? I'll put up as much as $1.00 each to the first 10 people who respond. Even odds.
    Just kidding Mr. government man!
    Or am I?

I would guess,, if I can't make the ride on the 15th, then I can't place my bet re: the ride on the 15th either.

I'm still out for the 15th but if you go again the 22nd I'm in.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I would guess,, if I can't make the ride on the 15th, then I can't place my bet re: the ride on the 15th either.

I'm still out for the 15th but if you go again the 22nd I'm in.
    I wouldn't have eliminated you from getting in on the bet just because you couldn't make the ride on the 15 but now that I've seen this morning's long range forecast I'm thankful there were no takers on the bet. The rain-man comes. I think Wayne is planing to test out his new rain gear anyway. We should have a full leaks report by Friday.
    So be sure to tune in on Friday, it looks like we may be seriously looking at the 22nd or maybe August 7. Waite I can't due the 7th. I hope to be in Sturgis.

Oh well, like the song says "the sun will come out tomorrow!"

We have to wait it out. The forecast changes hourly. Every time I look it's different. At this point, I'm glad I went last weekend!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Took a niece ride yesterday with Bob 109 into an area that I used to travel into to fish the Susquehanna river. Bob 109 knew of a dinner there that he had enjoyed in the past but had forgotten the exact route. So like the two vultures, that we are, we circled the area until we found it. Bob then made good on his promise to buy me a delayed birthday lunch.

After lunch came the real birthday present a ride into another area that I'd never been too. It had high mountains surrounding beautiful valleys with steep cliffs and picturesque hidden farms. I only wish I had brought my camera.
    Unfortunately, due to a construction detour, we got lost. Fortunately or unfortunately, I did bring my Tom Tom and it led us back to civilization.

PA. will never stop surprising me even after 50 years I found a new area that rivals or surpasses the likes of the iconic Blue Ridge parkway and even the Maggie valley, Dragon area. The only difference was a lack of traffic and people.

I must return! Another ride is called for! If only I can figure out where we can all meet it's about 70 miles west of the Mat. reception area. That would make for a really long day.

A look at this mornings forecast today it will be in the 70's but it doesn't look good for this Sunday May 15. Seems a cold front will pass through Saturday, temps will be in the low 50's with showers on Sunday.
    It looks like those praying for May 22 have the strongest God.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Took a niece ride yesterday with Bob 109 into an area that I used to travel into to fish the Susquehanna river. Bob 109 knew of a dinner there that he had enjoyed in the past but had forgotten the exact route. So like the two vultures, that we are, we circled the area until we found it. Bob then made good on his promise to buy me a delayed birthday lunch.

After lunch came the real birthday present a ride into another area that I'd never been too. It had high mountains surrounding beautiful valleys with steep cliffs and picturesque hidden farms. I only wish I had brought my camera.
    Unfortunately, due to a construction detour, we got lost. Fortunately or unfortunately, I did bring my Tom Tom and it led us back to civilization.

PA. will never stop surprising me even after 50 years I found a new area that rivals or surpasses the likes of the iconic Blue Ridge parkway and even the Maggie valley, Dragon area. The only difference was a lack of traffic and people.

I must return! Another ride is called for! If only I can figure out where we can all meet it's about 70 miles west of the Mat. reception area. That would make for a really long day.

A look at this mornings forecast today it will be in the 70's but it doesn't look good for this Sunday May 15. Seems a cold front will pass through Saturday, temps will be in the low 50's with showers on Sunday.
    It looks like those praying for May 22 have the strongest God.
    Weather channel for Matamoras shows cooler, partly cloudy, low 60's, not 50's...no rain. Have to wait for Saturday's forecast. The 22nd shows rain but that's too far off to even consider. I don't want to ride in rain if it can be avoided. Low 60's don't scare me...but this isn't about me!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Promising Destination

Going to see if I can convince BobPenn on a little ride to this place, Hyner Point!

Lots to see

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBT...v9n_91P3qmvV8-

Now you're getting closer to my neck of the woods. Might be easier to meet you all if you plan a ride there sometime.
    You're only about an hour East of Benezette, where the Elk Visitor Center is.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Weather channel for Matamoras shows cooler, partly cloudy, low 60's, not 50's...no rain. Have to wait for Saturday's forecast. The 22nd shows rain but that's too far off to even consider. I don't want to ride in rain if it can be avoided. Low 60's don't scare me...but this isn't about me!
    Yes Wayne, that is the forecast for, Matamoras, elevation is under 300 ft. That's where we meet. Change your search channel to either Mount Pocono or Gouldsboro, PA, elevation between 2000 to 2400 ft. That's where we ride. You'll find it a bit cooler up here looking down at those Low lander's in Matamoras. Seems when those weather fronts hit the mountains they hurt and then they cry and I get wet.

Did you get your new rain gear yet? Hopefully you won't need it this weekend but if you can give us a favorable report I can order some on Monday in time for the 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pap View Post
    Now you're getting closer to my neck of the woods. Might be easier to meet you all if you plan a ride there sometime.
    You're only about an hour East of Benezette, where the Elk Visitor Center is.
    I'd love to make another ride out to Benezette, where the Elk Visitor Center is. For those who don't know, it's a state run park where they load you into a horse drawn wagon, so as not to spook the elk, and take you right down among the herd for pictures and an up close experience. Heck those things are bigger than a F6B. www.elkcountryvisitorcenter.com/

The only problem is the distance for most of the guys. Unless we can put together a 2 day ride. I'd be up for it!

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Going to see if I can convince BobPenn on a little ride to this place, Hyner Point!

Lots to see

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBT...v9n_91P3qmvV8-
    We could do that! If we left early enough we could make www.elkcountryvisitorcenter.com/ too.
    But to do both we'd have to speed and pee in a bottle on the fly. Can we can we please go.