North East Meet and Greet - Page 26
Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

Me too....... 5th
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

The 5th works for me, so does any other weekend. lol

I will see whats going on the 29th, maybe ride down.

I'll be in for both if IT DOESN'T RAIN. Sunday's are for me.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

With all these rain days I have to add this...

Ten years ago or so my wife (now X-wife) and I would ride to York PA every year for the VJMC Swap meet at White Rose. Back then I was resurrecting 70s era CB750s and GL1000s. We would ride down for a long weekend and camp on the grounds. Met many great folks that I keep in touch with still today. This went on for 6 or 7 years in a row back then until the last two years of going we decided to leave the tent home and go for a room near by because every year it would rain on us.
    It became a standing joke with us that it will rain every time we ride through PA.

Sooo I feel that this threat of rain on every set date may be on me. Sorry guys. I will say out loud "I can't make it" in an attempt to keep the rain gods from planning their bad weather, but in a low soft whisper, see you on the 5th.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Well folks I got up this morning and checked the forecast and it doesn't look good. So I guess tomorrow is officially canceled!

So lets start looking at the 5th. Who's in?

Delta, if the weather is good on the 29 and you want to swing by let me know. Maybe we can put together a ride even if Wayne is planning on washing his wheel wells again and is therefor predicting rain, the temps are supposed to be in the 80's!

If Delta swings by who's up for another ride on the 29th?
    I'll let you know by Friday what's happening. Rain or sunshine, makes no difference to me as I'll be on the road anyway. I've been halfway thinking about riding to Boone NC for a rib eye at Peddlars Steak House. Not to keen on the idea of massive miles on the interstate.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

I was about to be ticked off at the weather people again. No rain anywhere, until I look at Mt. Pocono. Of course, it's going to be raining there....

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I was about to be ticked off at the weather people again. No rain anywhere, until I look at Mt. Pocono. Of course, it's going to be raining there....
    Good morning Wayne! I just came in from doing some yard work. So far there's been no rain reaching the ground here. Kind of wish it would rain though. My back hurts from shoveling top soil around. Seems I'm not as young as I used to be!

If it doesn't start soon I'm going for a ride before I wear out my shovel. Do you want to go I'll wait.

The really good news is they are talking 80 degrees by Wednesday and staying up there for the rest of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Good morning Wayne! I just came in from doing some yard work. So far there's been no rain reaching the ground here. Kind of wish it would rain though. My back hurts from shoveling top soil around. Seems I'm not as young as I used to be!

If it doesn't start soon I'm going for a ride before I wear out my shovel. Do you want to go I'll wait.

The really good news is they are talking 80 degrees by Wednesday and staying up there for the rest of the week!
    I hate to say anything about weather anymore, but, next week looks promising. Seems I've said that before.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I hate to say anything about weather anymore, but, next week looks promising. Seems I've said that before.
    How are you ever going to get old? You know a prerequisite to old age is learning to talk about the weather!

Yes, this coming long weekend looks pretty good except for the possibility of some afternoon thunder storms.

But I'll be riding and complaining every day anyway!! It's what us old farts do. You know they can't bury a moving complaining target!!

Just a quick weather update. The forecast is for highs in the low 80's with only the possibility for some scattered afternoon freshets to cool things off to the mid 70's. Perfect riding conditions through next Wed.

Judging by the forecast, I guess Wayne's not planning to come to PA this weekend!