North East Meet and Greet - Page 28
Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Bob! How about a Ride Update for all us "old farts"..........We are still meeting at the Pa. Reception Center I-84 Pa./NY Border at approximately 10:00 a.m. etc, etc.............I'm missing where Towanda came into play???
    Yep we're still meeting at 10 am at the reception center. I was looking for an alternative route because the waterfall, bakery, F. Walter dam ride was rescheduled for June 5 so more riders could make that ride.

I only suggested a Towanda area ride, back in where we rode the other day, would make for some interesting exploring since from the looks of thing there aren't many making this ride. The other plus for that area is it's away from the usual high traffic tourist traps. It would have also been closer for Pap coming from the Pittsburgh area to meet up with us.
    We never really decide where we will go tomorrow and left it up in the air. Now with 2 others bailing out we'll have to decide in the morning.
    Right now it looks like there will only be 3 of us. Maybe we should change the meeting place to the dinner next to the motel where Wayne stayed last time exit 17 off I-84 for SR-191. make it 10:30 am.
    Wayne what do you think?

I've got commitments with family tomorrow. Two Grand Children with Birthdays. If I'm not at the Reception Center by 10:00/10:30 I'll be a no-show. My Senior Memory gets me in trouble all the time and Sunday is no exception

Looks like it's the two of us Bob. I'll meet you at the diner, exit 17. I'll top off my tank right there at that Mobil and we'll make a day of it. You lead, I'll follow....whatever route you feel like.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

See you at the dinner.

Bike is in its home safe and sound. Me, well, I'm not home yet, but I'm good too. Bob and Bob, what can I say. Great day, awesome sights and you guys are the best. Set a new high mileage day for me at 747. Set a record for hours too I think. 6am to 9:05. Thanks again guys. We'll see what happens next week.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Bike is in its home safe and sound. Me, well, I'm not home yet, but I'm good too. Bob and Bob, what can I say. Great day, awesome sights and you guys are the best. Set a new high mileage day for me at 747. Set a record for hours too I think. 6am to 9:05. Thanks again guys. We'll see what happens next week.
    Glade to hear you made it home safe and sound. Thanks for posting. It had to be a long day for you. I'll post the pictures tomorrow when my fingers are more coordinated. Seems the gin and tonic after ride celebration hasn't quite left the premises yet.

OK, here's some of the photos we took yesterday. Unfortunately, the camera tends to flatten out the terrain pictures. The roads were all good with little traffic and considering this was a holiday weekend that's saying something!

Attachment 21111Attachment 21112Attachment 21113Attachment 21115Attachment 21116

Here's some more pictures of yesterdays ride unfortunately the camera didn't flatten out the exposed bellies.
    The bikes all ran great and I really never felt hot despite the 95 f. degrees we rode in. Maybe that's because the roads we rode were primarily back roads shaded by trees as planned.

Attachment 21117Attachment 21118Attachment 21119Attachment 21120Attachment 21121

Nice pics! Thanks for putting them up.

You'll have to edit them and tell us who is who!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Oh I just thought I'd throw in some pictures of the family I returned home too. There wasn't much conversation and I didn't have to answer any questions. Best of all I didn't have to drink alone.

Attachment 21124Attachment 21126Attachment 21127Attachment 21128Attachment 21129

Now about next week's ride on the 5th who's all coming? Not to worry, Mama's Harley, is not running as usual, and she's afraid to ride 2 up with me!