North East Meet and Greet - Page 33
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

[QUOTE=Bob Penn;124615]
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Let's start some planning...

It's only Tuesday but the long range forecast is rain free with temps up here on the mountain in the high 70's low 80's. Somethings not right!! But lets plan anyway.

Where are we going to eat????

We'll be stopping at the Apple Pie bakery at about 11:30 am for coffee and pie or maybe a hot dog and pie. Then again they do offer Barbecue.

The real delema will be at the end of the ride. Choices are still Barbecue, Chinese, or the Hotel? The last ride out this way we did the Hotel so I know a few of you have eaten there before so you may have a preference. But remember there are still 64 sandwiches out of the possible 65 that you haven't tried yet.

By the way I took a ride on one of the mountain top back roads I didn't originally plan on taking due to previously bad pavement. Good news it's been fixed. So I'm adding another 10 miles of twisties to the ride if you don't mine. We will have to get an early start and hustle a little to get it all in by 2:30 pm. I hate a late brunch
    You choose Bob...I'm sure there's something for everyone. I can vouch for the apple pie and the Hotel...I'd do either one, no question.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Are you still meeting at the Welcome center in Port Jervis if so what time

Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    Are you still meeting at the Welcome center in Port Jervis if so what time
    NO, we'll be meeting officially at the Matamoras, Pa reception center (Port Jarvis, NY is actually the next exit east just across the bridge on 84). Hopefully the meet time will be 10 am or earlier. So we can get started by 10:15. That's why I'd appreciate everyone who is coming to let us know so when everybody listed arrives we can get started. It is after all a relatively long ride planed with a number of stops for pictures, food, and toliet services.
    So bring a camera, a couple of bucks (depending on your appetite) and something to read.

As I see it this is the current list of those planning on coming. Please let us know if your not listed or you have to cancel.

Definite maybes

GaTeach
    Wjduke
    Drifter
    zzh54
    DMAGOLDRDR
    makya53
    Bob Penn

?

Maybe's

ReserveBum
    JGf6B

Will coordinate with Dan for a Danbury meet up...guessing the 9-9:15 area.
    Trying to work my schedule to meet you guys at the Exit 11 Mobil. Looks like its going to be a hot one

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Trying to work my schedule to meet you guys at the Exit 11 Mobil. Looks like its going to be a hot one
    Is that exit 11 off 84 in CT?
    It is likely that I won't go but I'd like to have the facts straight just in case........

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Not to worry the temps here on top of the mountain will only be in the upper 70's

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    Is that exit 11 off 84 in CT?
    It is likely that I won't go but I'd like to have the facts straight just in case........
    I'm supposed to meet Dan and maybe Ed on Rt84 in CT. I think we're meeting in CT at Exit 7 or 8, not confirmed yet, but the Exit 11 is in Beacon, NY on Rt84. In CT, I think we need to meet by 8-8:15 to be at the NY exit for 9-9:15. I'll have to leave here at 5:30. I'll have a long ass day, but I'm living for this right now.

I'm supposed to meet Dan and maybe Ed on Rt84 in CT. I think we're meeting in CT at Exit 7 or 8, not confirmed yet, but the Exit 11 is in Beacon, NY on Rt84. In CT, I think we need to meet by 8-8:15 to be at the NY exit for 9-9:15. I'll have to leave here at 5:30. I'll have a long ass day, but I'm living for this right now.
    OK, 8-8:15, exit 7 or 8 off 84 in CT. I have your number so I'll text if I decide to go. It will be a game day decision.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    OK, 8-8:15, exit 7 or 8 off 84 in CT. I have your number so I'll text if I decide to go. It will be a game day decision.
    That works...follow here and you'll know exact times and exits. Dan will chime in soon!