North East Meet and Greet - Page 37
Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I never let it stop me either. It takes a little out of you. Few years ago I did 420 miles in 105° weather. Took a couple days to get over that one. In MO its the humidity that gets you. 105° with about 80% humidity kinda makes it hard to breathe.
    I flew to Phoenix with a friend a couple of years ago on Labor Day weekend. We rented HDs and rode up to the Grand Canyon. It was 105. But it's a dry heat. lol. Any day is a good day to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    It's currently a nice warm 100 degrees with a bit of humidity and blue but cloudy sky. Left the bike in Pa. Glad I did because it is actually "too hot to ride"
    Get use to it! It's only June. That's what I was trying to tell you. In FL you'll loose more riding days because of the heat and weather then you'll loose riding days because of the cold in PA.
    This morning's forecast for Sunday is 85 in Scranton and 79 up here in Mt Pocono. That's perfect T-shirt riding weather. My only worry is keeping my arms from burning.

PS Hurry home my grass is dying from lack of rain!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Get use to it! It's only June. That's what I was trying to tell you. In FL you'll loose more riding days because of the heat and weather then you'll loose riding days because of the cold in PA.
    This morning's forecast for Sunday is 85 in Scranton and 79 up here in Mt Pocono. That's perfect T-shirt riding weather. My only worry is keeping my arms from burning.

PS Hurry home my grass is dying from lack of rain!
    Perfect Mesh Jacket riding weather. I cringe watching the shorts, sneakers, tee shirts, and no helmet or gloves crowd. JMHO...safe riding
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Looking like a good turn out this weekend. Wayne, Dan and Ed, I will be waiting at the exit 11 gas station. Anyone else meeting there I will be there around 8:30 - 8:45.
    Looking forward to the ride
    Jeff

GaTeach
    I'm in Morgantown WV for the night. Ernie! Where are you?

Did I see something in one of these NE Meetup threads about some of y'all meeting for supper tomorrow night?

Your comfort level ends today as you head north!

Safe travels...It's a little faster pace up this way.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    I'm in Morgantown WV for the night. Ernie! Where are you?

Did I see something in one of these NE Meetup threads about some of y'all meeting for supper tomorrow night?
    I don't think so. I talked to Willy yesterday. He has a family obligation that he must attend. Then he'll be riding up here. Estimated arrival time between 5 - 6 pm. We planed on waiting for you to arrive then decide what's for dinner depending on time or just relax and hang out on the back deck, feed the deer and partake in some sort of libation with crackers and maybe a London broil or burgers.
    Most of the others are coming from 4 various states in the North East on Sunday morning to roast some rebel from the south.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Your comfort level ends today as you head north!

Safe travels...It's a little faster pace up this way.
    Ahh, come on Wayne the only fast pace up here is suffered by those who insist on working for a living. No names please. If my pace got any slower I'd need a reverse gear or a box.

Besides Ga's been known to speed!! Beware the PA state troopers. A lot of them are female now. Her charms won't work on most of them. Take your time and ride slow, you know like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    EXIT #8 West bound I84 Danbury CT, go thru the light at the end of the ramp and past the Mobil is a GLOBAL gas station with a Dunkin Donuts. A real nice Easy Off and Easy On Exit... I will be there probably 7:30 so I can have my coffee and be ready roll out when you show up.

Then about 40 miles to EXIT #11 in Beacon NY and another 43 miles to the PA line.

Call or message 2037335588 if there is a problem.
    I'll be there in the AM Dan...
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.