North East Meet and Greet - Page 8
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Not to worry Bob, went down to Tobyhanna creek to help stock the fly stretch for this Saturday's opener. It was beautiful in the mid 50's. Had to take my jacket off on the walk in to prevent deodorant failure. Whats really scary is the forecast for this weekend into Monday is in the 70's. What a deference a week makes. Is your house up here air conditioned?
    Have a window air conditioner in the bedroom which I usually use in July/August. Hoping to put my place on the market when I arrive home. Looking forward to call Florida home and visit Pa. in the summer When I was a young man and could walk miles with no bother, I fished for "Native Trout".....those stockies are corn fed and rather "mushy" IMHO! See you the 1st of May

bob109

We may have to postpone the ride again if this weekends forecast is correct!
    It may be too hot come the first.

We may have to postpone the ride again if this weekends forecast is correct!
    It may be too hot come the first.
    That was funny.

Home Brewed Rack

Arrived home yesterday morning! Getting the bike out of the trailer after finishing this post and give it a good cleaning and oil change. Want to be ready for May 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Arrived home yesterday morning! Getting the bike out of the trailer after finishing this post and give it a good cleaning and oil change. Want to be ready for May 1st.
    Welcome home Bob!
    It's Sunday and the forecast is for Mid 70's. Hope you got all your cleaning and oiling done so you can get out and practice your safety riding skills. There, I gave you the excuse to sneak out of all your relocating chores.

Remember up here we ride when mother nature says yes and common sense and responsibility says no.

Welcome home Bob!
    It's Sunday and the forecast is for Mid 70's. Hope you got all your cleaning and oiling done so you can get out and practice your safety riding skills. There, I gave you the excuse to sneak out of all your relocating chores.

Remember up here we ride when mother nature says yes and common sense and responsibility says no.
    Thought I'de take the bike out and warm up the motor prior to the oil change. That task turned into a 120+ mile ride....Rt 6 to 423 to Barreville N.Y. to 92 to Hawks Nest, to I-84 Rest Stop (where we meet up on May 1st) and back home! Temp was in the mid 70+.......as such I'll be doing the oil change after breakfast this a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Thought I'de take the bike out and warm up the motor prior to the oil change. That task turned into a 120+ mile ride....Rt 6 to 423 to Barreville N.Y. to 92 to Hawks Nest, to I-84 Rest Stop (where we meet up on May 1st) and back home! Temp was in the mid 70+.......as such I'll be doing the oil change after breakfast this a.m.
    Yep, that's what I've been saying, you can take a NE man and put him in the sun for a full winter but he still remembers his priorities. You have to heat your oil on a beautiful day before you do your work.
    Now Bob, you can forget all those southern yarns like "due to fall out you never pee under a coconut tree".

Caught in the act

I happen to be passing one of my favorite pig out buffet spots in Dickson city yesterday called the, Royal, when I noticed a red F6B with a depth charge on the back. Over an hour later I was heading back home and passed in the other direction. That bike was still there. I'm just hopping the owner of that bike didn't put my favorite buffet out of business! I'm pretty sure I know who that owner was and I'm sure he is capable of doing just that, but far be it from me to point my finger and name that culprit. After all he might have been starving after hibernating all wintering in FL. He will have to step up and admit to his plan himself.

I only bring this incident up because one of my questions for next week is how many want to end our ride at a good local restaurant before they start their ride home? If so what kind of food is preferred? The choices would be a good full menu featured place/bar called the Hotel, An open barbecue place for ribs and chicken, or we could even swing by the above mentioned buffet featuring everything from Chinese to pizza and everything in between. Just ask the culprit what he thinks.

Anyway all of the places are near to an easy access (all within 5 miles) to either I-81, I-84, I-380. We should be able to arrive at any of the restaurants by 2:30 - 3 pm at the latest barring any dilly dallying. Then it will be up to you when you finally leave based on how fast you chew.

PS; I would also like to mention you should bring a camera, there are many photographic opportunities along our planned route.

I happen to be passing one of my favorite pig out buffet spots in Dickson city yesterday called the, Royal, when I noticed a red F6B with a depth charge on the back. Over an hour later I was heading back home and passed in the other direction. That bike was still there. I'm just hopping the owner of that bike didn't put my favorite buffet out of business! I'm pretty sure I know who that owner was and I'm sure he is capable of doing just that, but far be it from me to point my finger and name that culprit. After all he might have been starving after hibernating all wintering in FL. He will have to step up and admit to his plan himself.
    That Red 6 with the Depth Charge on back would, of course, have been me Nothing like a good Chinese Buffet to make my day! Shopping at Lowe's and Home Depot, I happened to be in the vicinity and a man has to do what he has to do

I only bring this incident up because one of my questions for next week is how many want to end our ride at a good local restaurant before they start their ride home? If so what kind of food is preferred? The choices would be a good full menu featured place/bar called the Hotel, An open barbecue place for ribs and chicken, or we could even swing by the above mentioned buffet featuring everything from Chinese to pizza and everything in between. Just ask the culprit what he thinks.

Anyway all of the places are near to an easy access (all within 5 miles) to either I-81, I-84, I-380. We should be able to arrive at any of the restaurants by 2:30 - 3 pm at the latest barring any dilly dallying. Then it will be up to you when you finally leave based on how fast you chew.

PS; I would also like to mention you should bring a camera, there are many photographic opportunities along our planned route.
    When it comes to food, I go where the locals go and chow down. Not fussy.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.