North East Meet and Greet - Page 9
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

OK, Bob 109 is as local as they come and I'll bet he knows of all 3 places I mentioned. He may even be able to add a few. All are above average local eateries. I myself will ride to eat well.

Bob, this is looking good, hope it holds up. I'll be one to ride in for Saturday noon, maybe ride the afternoon, and stay over for Sunday. I have your contact info.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Lead me to food and I'll eat......

I'd like to sit, eat and swap stories before heading back. Where ever you choose to eat will be good for me.
    I am looking forward to meeting and riding with you all.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Because of a 5 hour ride back, I may have to hit the road by 3 or so. Depends on where we land at that time.

Proximity to I-84

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Because of a 5 hour ride back, I may have to hit the road by 3 or so. Depends on where we land at that time.
    Many of the folks who will be traveling I-84 for the meet and great will have the same issue. Going talk to Bob Penn about a alternate tour route which will bring all riders back to I-84 which will simplify folks return home. If we spend some time eating and chatting saddle time for the group may be limited. There a lot of great cycle riding roads adjacent to the I-84 corridor and that includes some great diners Instead of heading south on RT 209 we may be able to do a loop of Rt 97 stopping at "Hawk's Nest, then to the Robeling Bridge which follows the Delaware River, cross the bridge to Rt 590, pass the Zane Grey Museum following Rt 590 through Hawley Pa. and on into Hamlin. There's a great place to eat in Lake Ariel ( Liberty Diner ) which is on Rt 191 and is the return route to I-84 at Twin Rocks which gives a long distance travelers a easy North/South entrance home. This route has zip semi-truck traffic and freshly paved roads with some spectacular scenery and great "sweeper corners". I ride is several times a week

Initial meeting place is still the same! Pa. Reception Center after crossing the N.Y. Delaware Bridge when for those traveling West.

I wish I wouldn't keep watching the weather...it changes everyday. Saturday is steady, but Sunday is showers one day, sunny the next. Guess I'll have to wait until Friday.

Just to keep you all up to date on what we're up to Bob 109 and I are planning to run the original planned route tomorrow. Either route ends up in the same area with easy jct.access to I-380, I-80, I-84, or I-81. all within 8 miles or less.
    Please let us know your favorite food choice. Barbecue (served in an outdoor picnic table area), a full restaurant/bar, a dinner, or a very large Chinese/American buffet. REMEMBER your VOTE counts!

If at all possible we would also like to know if you plan on coming and how many are in your group. If we have that information we can fore warn the selected food stops (If the group gets large) to prepare for our group. We can also set up a possible wait for plan if someone is running late and we know they are coming.

OK, now who wants to argue about the weather?

How far is the end point from the start point? It would seem that Bob's rte would end back at the start point.
    This would matter more to those that are riding 5 hours to get there than the ones that live near bye.
    People from CT, Ma, or upstate NY would not want to ride farther to get home than they did to get there.
    I live in Walden NY only 35 miles from starting point so not a big deal for me.

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    How far is the end point from the start point? It would seem that Bob's rte would end back at the start point.
    This would matter more to those that are riding 5 hours to get there than the ones that live near bye.
    People from CT, Ma, or upstate NY would not want to ride farther to get home than they did to get there.
    I live in Walden NY only 35 miles from starting point so not a big deal for me.

Richie
    No, Bob 109's ending point and mine are approx. the same right off I-84. The dinner he suggested in Lake Ariel is actually further from the jct with I-84 by about 5 miles. It still depends on which restaurant we pick to end at. The barbecue place is in, Hamlin. You have to go through Hamlin up 191 5 miles north to get to Lake Ariel. The Hotel is south and closer to that I-84 jct. All are approx. 20 miles west or about 15 to 20 minutes from the starting point at highway speeds on I-84.

I'm a rookie at this, so bear with me...will I need to reserve a room someplace? I wouldn't think so before Memorial Day but...also, is there one preferred over the others?