depends on how long of a trip i guess

Waynesboro is the north end
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

GaTeach
    Mundy Mill

Attachment 19775

Attachment 19776

Please notice the leather leg wraps my friend is wearing to keep her HD from burning her legs. Yes. People actually buy bikes like that. I don't get it.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by coffee_weasle View Post
    i'm wondering why i never happen into a "girl's trip"
    Yeah , its like duh!! Why can't that happen to me...........and the wife of course.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Mundy Mill

Attachment 19775

Attachment 19776

Please notice the leather leg wraps my friend is wearing to keep her HD from burning her legs. Yes. People actually buy bikes like that. I don't get it.
    Teach that's a nice looking crew. Good to have friends like that. I'm sure you gals have a lot of fun. And if you're like me you don't care what they ride. You just feel sorry for them. HA!!

BRP South

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    Where is the best place to pick up the BRP going south?
    I-77 South takes you past Fancy Gap(exit 8 as I recall). Exit 77 there and take the last 250 mile south. Best part of the parkway in my opinion. Cherokee and the Dragon south-Gatlinburg+Pidgeon Forge north. Don't forget Maggie Valley and Wheels thru time. Many side roads in that area that are great rides.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Mundy Mill

Attachment 19775

Attachment 19776

This is the people my mama warned me about.

The BRP is indeed a beautiful scenic ride, but be forewarned about the low enforced speed limit. It is not only enforced by the police but by the number of cars pulling trailers and other slow moving traffic. Hence notice the 2 days to cover 400 miles mentioned in a previous message.

That time of year you might consider heading up toward New England. You'll find plenty of scenic mountain roads with little traffic. If you like destinations and or rallies your timing would be right for "Americade" held in Lake George, NY. It originally started out as a Gold Wing rally but today it's anything on two or three wheels. Do a Google.
    If your into history or sights you have Fort Ticonderoga to explore or maybe The White face mountain region. If your traveling to eat your not that far away from NE seafood or Vermont maple syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by hardtail View Post
    I-77 South takes you past Fancy Gap(exit 8 as I recall). Exit 77 there and take the last 250 mile south. Best part of the parkway in my opinion. Cherokee and the Dragon south-Gatlinburg+Pidgeon Forge north. Don't forget Maggie Valley and Wheels thru time. Many side roads in that area that are great rides.
    Yea I have heard the same thing from others the southern part of the parkway is the best, which is actually the only parts I have ridden personally. I've ridden it from the south gate in Cherokee, NC up to Little Switzerland, NC which is about 150 miles are so. Do yourself a favor and STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM PIGEON FORGE & GATLINBURG!!!!!! Tourist trap at best, so much more of the mountains to see rather than wasting time there.

Grant

GaTeach
    Do yourself a favor and STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM PIGEON FORGE & GATLINBURG!!!!!! Tourist trap at best, so much more of the mountains to see rather than wasting time there.

Grant
    I agree 100%. Pigeon Forge is the armpit of the world.

An alternative....

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    So every year I take a motorcycle vacation and this year it starts Friday June 3. I am in NW Ohio and I am looking for a destination. In the past I have gone as far as Albuquerque, NM. Any thoughts?
    Since you are already in NW Ohio, what about going north into Michigan, visiting Traverse City (fantastic wineries on the Mission Pennisula then on to Marquette, MI (along the southern border of Lake Superior), then continue west to Duluth and back south along the river road or come south through Escanaba, Green Bay and around the south side of Lake Michigan. Granted, coming around Chicago and then east through Indiana sucks, but the northern part of this trip is beautiful. Wherever you go, be safe and enjoy the scenery.