Vacation starting Friday June 3 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vacation starting Friday June 3

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtail View Post
    This is the people my mama warned me about.
    Attachment 19817

Yep, them kind of people are always trying to get high. But I never heard elevation had anything to do with it.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Yep, them kind of people are always trying to get high. But I never heard elevation had anything to do with it.
    I'd only had SG a couple of days. She still has that shitty stock shield.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by coffee_weasle View Post
    don't be so sure, lmao

bet? how much? lol
    Attachment 19818

This USMC Vietnam Vet rode with us ONCE and he's never been heard from again.

Attachment 19819Attachment 19820Attachment 19821

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Great pics Teach! Have one of my 6 in that exact spot but no crazy people-just the bike. Looks like you had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    why are you three leaning? is there an issue with the gravity field there?
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

shooter
    Its the wind Weasle.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    Since you are already in NW Ohio, what about going north into Michigan, visiting Traverse City (fantastic wineries on the Mission Pennisula then on to Marquette, MI (along the southern border of Lake Superior), then continue west to Duluth and back south along the river road or come south through Escanaba, Green Bay and around the south side of Lake Michigan. Granted, coming around Chicago and then east through Indiana sucks, but the northern part of this trip is beautiful. Wherever you go, be safe and enjoy the scenery.
    I have done that trip and it is a pretty ride...with the exception of Chi town and Ind (where I live). If ya want to avoid those two, there's a ferry that cuts across I believe @ Green Bay and drops ya back on the other side in Michigan. Then just a short jaunt to N/W Ohio.
    Regards,
    Sober Biker

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
    It is the illusion of knowledge."
    ~ Stephen Hawking

2016 Goldwing F6B - Yet to be named
    2013 Goldwing F6B - "Bat Bike" Traded
    2008 BMW K1200LT - "Da Couch"

+1 on the speed limit. I lived in VA for many years and have ridden the BRP countless times. It truly is a beautiful ride. But, in terms of an enjoyable ride, that depends on what makes you happy. You will not be able to go over the 45 mph speed limit. Traffic will prevent this and the police give you little to no margin for error. The ride was a love/hate relationship for me as there are few rides that will compare to the beauty of the area, but the ride itself is greatly restricted by the speed limits and traffic.
    I think it is a ride that everyone should do at least once to be able to decide for themselves. Detouring to the area of the Dragon is well worth it. There are a lot of great roads in that area.

Two other rides I would suggest which I consider some of the best I've ridden are: The Ozarks of Arkansas and the White Mountains of NH. Amazing scenery (White Mountains in particular) and perfect motorcycle roads in both (with the Ozarks being the best I've ever ridden).
    Probably a close third to these two rides for me would be Rocky Mountain National Park and surrounding areas.

I'm still trying to decide on my summer trip. I've never been to Teton NP, nor to Yellowstone, so they may make my list.

Ride safe and have fun!
    -Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    The BRP is indeed a beautiful scenic ride, but be forewarned about
    the low enforced speed limit. It is not only enforced by the police but by the number of cars pulling trailers and other slow moving traffic. Hence notice the 2 days to cover 400 miles mentioned in a previous message.

That time of year you might consider heading up toward New England. You'll find plenty of scenic mountain roads with little traffic. If you like destinations and or rallies your timing would be right for "Americade" held in Lake George, NY. It originally started out as a Gold Wing rally but today it's anything on two or three wheels. Do a Google.
    If your into history or sights you have Fort Ticonderoga to explore or maybe The White face mountain region. If your traveling to eat your not that far away from NE seafood or Vermont maple syrup.

There's a road not mentioned much that I rode a few years back called The Back of the Dragon. It's RT 16 in VA. We started in Marion and rode north. It's not as technical as the tail, but longer. It was a challenge for me as I was fairly new on my previous bike, but it was quite the ride.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.