jacket patches - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jacket patches

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Last club I was a member of was the Boy Scouts.

No desire to be 'a member' of anything today.

No desire to play dress-up either.

Everybody's got to be somebody, I suppose. I'm perfectly happy being nobody.
    Well said I could not of said it better.Just got done with street Vibrations here in the Reno/Carson City area.We use to have a huge problem here with "Colors" and two years ago had a shootout in the Nugget with one dead.No one can show colors here at mini Vibration in the spring or in September.Still baffles me that grown men would die over a rocker or patchAll went well this year and reports were about 40 thousand bikers in town and all the vendors did really well.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Well said I could not of said it better.Just got done with street Vibrations here in the Reno/Carson City area.We use to have a huge problem here with "Colors" and two years ago had a shootout in the Nugget with one dead.No one can show colors here at mini Vibration in the spring or in September.Still baffles me that grown men would die over a rocker or patchAll went well this year and reports were about 40 thousand bikers in town and all the vendors did really well.
    Some folks need or appreciate 'structure and/or acceptance'. Some may find it in MC clubs, especially if the club is '~similar~' to their lifestyle.

Strikes me even more odd that anyone not involved in a 'traditional MC club" would ever 'dress up' to look the part,,, Too much 'Sons of Anarchy' I guess.

Always get a chuckle when 'Chibbs' or some other SOA actor is a 'Special Guest' at any MC event.

Men and women alike line up for autographs,,, Some things I just can't explain,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Too much 'Sons of Anarchy' I guess.

Always get a chuckle when 'Chibbs' or some other SOA actor is a 'Special Guest' at any MC event.

Men and women alike line up for autographs,,, Some things I just can't explain,,,,
    Thank you! I thought I was the only one.

As old as humanity

This behavior pattern is as old as humanity. It is primordial behavior that is hard wired into us. We protect our perceived territory. Historically, this served a useful purpose by protecting family, food and water supply.

I grew up in Chicago during the 1960's. In the areas we lived you were in real danger of being killed for having the wrong color socks displayed in the wrong neighborhood. So, I am only too familiar with this pattern of behavior and consider myself fortunate to have survived the "hood".

Today I am always well armed and vigilant. Let's just say old habits die hard.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Being the Vice President of one such 3 Piece Patch Club here in Florida, I could say a lot but I'm not going to. I will say tread lightly with the top and bottom rocker thing. There is a great difference in a Motorcycle Riding Club and a Motorcycle Club the second being a 3 piece patch club some 1% some not. The later is a brotherhood like no other ,family, thicker than blood.

I have no doubt that if you fly a top and bottom rocker without permission of you local dominate Club you will find out pronto. Respectfully Dickie
    Because I was in the motorcycle industry and an International Motorcycle organization for over 20 years I have walked the fence among the various clubs and I will absolutely second Dickies comments. Right or wrong, top and bottom rocker is just a bad idea. I would pick another battle.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Right or wrong, top and bottom rocker is just a bad idea. I would pick another battle.
    Sums it up right there.

Probably not a really good comparo, and I don't know how else to say it, but personally it wouldn't bother me a whole lot if a Koran was burnt, however, that's a pretty big deal to some folks. I have no reason to burn one and I darn sure wouldn't go out of my way to even make it look like I was burning one. Kind of a no-win situation for everyone, so why bother?.

Just one of those things,,,