I crossed paths recently with a group of BMW riders coming out of a small cafe. One of them sized me up as a Beemer rider because I was carrying my Schuberth (German) helmet. I told them I was ring my Goldwing F6B and one of them immediately said "a what"? One of the other guys instantly began describing my F6B as a downgraded Wing with a smaller detuned engine and a lighter chassis, you know a "beginners bike". I explained that it is indeed a Wing through and through. As we approached my bike the expert said "see, just like I said, it's not a Wing at all , not the same frame or engine. He said that if I mastered this bike I might be able to move up to a real Wing in the future but probably not because "Goldwings cost twice as much". He then proceeded to lecture me on my ignorance about my own machine and suggested that I read up on it so as not to embarrass myself in the future. They congratulated each other as they mounted their real motorcycles (clearly not for beginners) and blasted off into Beemer nirvana. My point is that Honda's marketing/advertising must be totally missing the mark if motorcyclists who should know better are so poorly informed. Does no one read anymore? I read multiple, thorough and favorable reviews before seeing the F6B on the show circuit last January.

The regional dealer is sitting with F6's languishing on their floor. I really don't care if they are a one year wonder as I own a Rune and a DN01 and one more dead end Honda suits me just fine.
The more exclusive the better. It's just the BIG picture of what is Honda thinking at the corporate level when they have a fine product that should be flying off the showroom floor and nobody seems to be informed or interested in it on any level.