Slow F6B sales in DFW Area
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slow F6B sales in DFW Area

Slow F6B sales in DFW Area

I was at Dallas Honda where I bought my F6B today and was talking to the sales guy who worked on my purchase. He told me that sales were pretty slow on the F6B. They are probably the largest exclusive Honda dealer in the Dallas/Fort worth area. They had probably 12 or more units scattered around the showroom. They even still have the special painted white model they prepared several months ago.

I was surprised sales are going slow since we all know how great these machines are. I do know I have only seen 2-3 on the road around here since I bought mine in February.

image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Slow Sales

Maxim Honda in Allen, TX and Paris Honda/Harley in Paris, TX are the same way slow sales on the F6B. Both are saying the same thing, everyone wants cruise control and they cannot sell them due to that fact Honda chose not to add cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by KGREEN View Post
    Maxim Honda in Allen, TX and Paris Honda/Harley in Paris, TX are the same way slow sales on the F6B. Both are saying the same thing, everyone wants cruise control and they cannot sell them due to that fact Honda chose not to add cruise.
    I can agree with that if they are expecting to attract previous GW riders, but I think this bike is for a totally different demographic. I've never had a bike with cruise control and this is my first GW. I think they are drawing in people like me who normally wouldn't buy a GW but will jump on it now that it's stripped down and less expensive.

Are the priced at what the going price elsewhere is? Maybe everyone is going to Arkansas.

There is no doubt that cruise is nice to have..... but for us older guys whose first bike never had cruise, ( before it was invented ) it is no big deal. Not having cruise was a non issue for me. Not sure this would be classified as a touring bike , and in reality how often do you really need cruise? The paint is a non issue, although there are several of the boards bad mouthing the paint. Funny how non of the bike mags have said a word? Maybe the economy is not in as good of shape as the government would like you to think it is. I am sure there are plenty of people still hurting and laying out $20K is not in the cards at the moment...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

What Steve said! No need to quote the entire posting....I agree with every word.

Angry It's Nuts!

To overlook the F6B simply because it hasn't got cruise control is a bit nuts if you ask me, but I'm sure the economy has something to do with it. If you're looking to purchase you F6B here in "Rip Off Britain" you are looking at the $30k mark

Paul B.......
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

My dealership hasn't sold another F6B since I bought mine on February 14th. They said all the old folk come in and wine about cruise, reverse, and CB.
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    There is no doubt that cruise is nice to have..... but for us older guys whose first bike never had cruise, ( before it was invented ) it is no big deal. Not having cruise was a non issue for me. Not sure this would be classified as a touring bike , and in reality how often do you really need cruise? The paint is a non issue, although there are several of the boards bad mouthing the paint. Funny how non of the bike mags have said a word? Maybe the economy is not in as good of shape as the government would like you to think it is. I am sure there are plenty of people still hurting and laying out $20K is not in the cards at the moment...
    I agree with your comment, but not about the paint. The paint is terrible and Honda is at fault for that one. The only good thing about the paint is it gives me an excuse to get it painted, I wanted a blue bike anyway so I'll end up getting one

cruise control

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Well I guess I'm a older guy that would never own another bike without cruise.lol. Once you've have had it you realize its the best thing on a bike if you stretch it out a lot on the highway. All my buddies have it and there is no going back. I am holding off buying the f6b for now and want to see what the 2014 looks like. Time will tell and if i end up with the GW, so be it. Hopefully the paint issue will be resolved....