Slow F6B sales in DFW Area - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slow F6B sales in DFW Area

If you need cruise, go buy a GW. Ive had it on HDs, Kaws, and BMWs, but I don't need it... a $20 throttle lock can rest your wrist on long rides...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I can agree with that if they are expecting to attract previous GW riders, but I think this bike is for a totally different demographic. I've never had a bike with cruise control and this is my first GW. I think they are drawing in people like me who normally wouldn't buy a GW but will jump on it now that it's stripped down and less expensive.
    I agree, I've never had cruise, and never would consider owning a Wing before the F6B.

I have had a couple throttle locks on my prior rides and they were only for a wrist break every now and then. I've got cruise in my truck, and rarely use it either due to traffic. Cruise on a bike, to me, wouldn't get much use)

Went to a local Honda dealer, He's sold at least 3 or more. Took a closer look at the paint on the bikes that are still on the floor. Couldn't see any issues.
    Economy? Certain areas of the Country are still hurting.

In other news,,,, Went to the local HD dealer. ZERO 2013 Street Glides on the floor. (4) 2014 Street Glides there. Constant swarm of onlookers. Not sure how many, if any, were sold, but night and day difference in 'activity' between Honda and HD.

(FWIW, there were several things I DID like about the 2014 HD changes. Not really any that I didn't like. If I had to pick 1 item as 'best improvement' it would be the new bags.)

Steve 0080 wrote: Maybe the economy is not in as good of shape as the government would like you to think it is. I am sure there are plenty of people still hurting and laying out $20K is not in the cards at the moment...

I would agree. However. I was at North Texas Harley Davidson the same day and it was packed with customers and the larger than Honda sales staff members all were working deals on showroom bikes or ordering the 2014 Electra Glides with water cooled engine, linked braking system, and bluetooth voice actuated radio. Almost every Harley is at or above our price point. So, I don't think it is the economy. Not in North Texas anyway.

I just think it is, like BMW, a niche bike. Like us forum members, there will be a small group of riders that like or want to buy and ride this motorcycle. It may just be more of an exclusive club than we or Honda expected. It makes me wonder about the future of this concept. Makes no difference to me, I really like the F6B and would not trade it for anything else on the market.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think it would be cool if they made it a one year model like the Rune.

Maybe people that live in that region just ride north and buy a custom painted one?? I know I would...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Just some information to chew on ….. Runes are holding their values somewhat.

The Runes had two model years …. 2004 (DA, DB, EA & EB) and 2005 (EB only), produced from March 2003 until July 2004 strictly for the North American market. The estimate is 3000 +/- units produced total. Todays estimate is that 2000 +/- exist in the USA. Estimates are that 600 have been exported and 400 have been totaled.

Honda initially sold them for $26,000 - $27,000. That was pretty steep back then when you compared it to a Goldwing which sold for $17,000 - $19,000.

In 2008 when Honda unloaded their warehouse of unsold 2004-2005 Runes, you could have purchased one for $16,000 out of the crate. Today the AVERAGE price for a Rune with less than 10,000 miles is between $16,000 and $20,000

Will the F6B be a 2 year run and 2014 be the last year for the F6B ??????????? who knows ? Is the warehouse filling up with inventory? if so …. in 3-4 years when Honda unloads the warehouse ……. somebody is going to get a great deal.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I can only guess the F6B will be around ~about~ as long as the 2nd Gen Wing due to the shared platform. They can drop a year if demand is light, ramp back up if they want to.

Still, compared to Honda's worldwide production, it's a niche bike.

Honda's 'best selling' bikes, on a worldwide scale, are nothing like the Goldwings, let alone the F6B's.

I crossed paths recently with a group of BMW riders coming out of a small cafe. One of them sized me up as a Beemer rider because I was carrying my Schuberth (German) helmet. I told them I was ring my Goldwing F6B and one of them immediately said "a what"? One of the other guys instantly began describing my F6B as a downgraded Wing with a smaller detuned engine and a lighter chassis, you know a "beginners bike". I explained that it is indeed a Wing through and through. As we approached my bike the expert said "see, just like I said, it's not a Wing at all , not the same frame or engine. He said that if I mastered this bike I might be able to move up to a real Wing in the future but probably not because "Goldwings cost twice as much". He then proceeded to lecture me on my ignorance about my own machine and suggested that I read up on it so as not to embarrass myself in the future. They congratulated each other as they mounted their real motorcycles (clearly not for beginners) and blasted off into Beemer nirvana. My point is that Honda's marketing/advertising must be totally missing the mark if motorcyclists who should know better are so poorly informed. Does no one read anymore? I read multiple, thorough and favorable reviews before seeing the F6B on the show circuit last January.

The regional dealer is sitting with F6's languishing on their floor. I really don't care if they are a one year wonder as I own a Rune and a DN01 and one more dead end Honda suits me just fine.
    The more exclusive the better. It's just the BIG picture of what is Honda thinking at the corporate level when they have a fine product that should be flying off the showroom floor and nobody seems to be informed or interested in it on any level.

I think one of the biggest issues is advertising. Being a Marketing major, i notice that you see HD on every UFC event and commercials. Victory has their commercials "Ride one an you'll own one!" Victory even had their own interractive channel on AT&T U-Verse cable where you could explore all the new models. It's like Honda expected people to walk into a dealership, forget what they actually went to see, and say "What's that?". There's a reason companies pay millions of dollars on advertising. I live in Kansas so I don't know about the advertising in other parts of the country.

I would not put a lot of faith into what someone riding a BMW has to say... it has been my experience they are in a world of their own...short of that I do agree....

H.D. wrote the book on how to sell a lifestyle...many a company has tried to emulate them in that respect...does not get any better!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com