Newly Retired! Now what?

Thread: Newly Retired! Now what?

Newly Retired! Now what?

RIDE!!

Just retired at 58 after 35 years in newspaper printing! Looking forward to some miles! Got a Rockin chair and a corncob pipe just in case!!
    RIDE FREE/RIDE HARD/RIDE OFTEN

shooter
    Congrats. Hope you enjoy your time.

Red face

Good for you...Me too... just retired at 62...now time for lots of riding and doing what ever I want....

Sweet !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

A little over 2 months for me, come over to Wi some time, we can ride a few roads.

Congratulations! Couple of things, keep busy and keep your mind active. I retired at 59 and I'm now 67. I had a stressful job that required lots of major travel and big sales quotas. The first year i just wanted to chill, no emails, conference calls, client appointments. I was definitely chillin'. The second year I noticed I got real lazy and I felt like I was loosing my edge. In our careers we work hard developing skills; communication, comprehension, analytical etc. If not used these skills will rust and when that occurs I think the aging process speeds up. Anyway I try to ride every chance I get. I live in Arizona so bad weather is rarely an issue. I bought the F6B to take some long-ish rides. I still have a Ducati ST3 to ride the canyons. I also made it a point to try to own, for at least for one season, many of the bikes I lusted after in my youth. Most of all retirement is really a time for self discovery. It's an exciting time, enjoy every day!