My new Scoot
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Scoot

My new Scoot

My bike was totaled last year. After adding helibars, ultimate seat, lower front end monotubes, 1 inch lowering link and Mc Cruise ctrl, I was still not comfortable riding F6B due to my short inseam. I was at Sturgis last year and rented Street Glide special. Liked the way that bike fit me. But it was surprising that unladen seat height on street glide was 27 inches with only less than 2 inches of suspension travel. Whereas seat height on Indian chieftain is 26 inches with close to 4 inches of travel. After riding chieftain I liked the way it fit me.

I've enjoyed being on this forum. Folks here are amazing. I'm still going to stick around here. I like to ride long distance and this is gr8 forum to discuss and share info on riding. If i was little more taller I cud have bought another F6B in a heart beat. IMHO no bike is prefect but we have to find that fits us the best. And I think I have found one for now.

Ride Safe !!!

Attachment 19871Attachment 19871

Good choice, I love the new Indians.

It's not what you ride........it's that you ride.

Ride Safe, But Often!!!!

Attachment 19872

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    It's not what you ride........it's that you ride.

Ride Safe, But Often!!!!

Attachment 19872
    +1!

Full throttle -Full Lean!
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson

Glad to hear you got back on the horse.

Enjoy your new bike! Ride safe! I love my F6B but when I'm riding - very rarely do I look down at the bike. Keep your head up.

Good luck with your new Indian. Polaris seems to have put their focus on their Indian line while ignoring their Victory line. The Indian fit-n-finish appears to be better as well. I noticed Indian uses real paint details instead of paper decals (Victory).

It's a good looking machine and you're still in the wind. Enjoy the ride and be safe.

Matters not the letters on the tank. It is still the same wind in your face!

Ride on.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great looking bike . Check back with us from time-to-time to let us know how it's working out for you.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    My bike was totaled last year. After adding helibars, ultimate seat, lower front end monotubes, 1 inch lowering link and Mc Cruise ctrl, I was still not comfortable riding F6B due to my short inseam. I was at Sturgis last year and rented Street Glide special. Liked the way that bike fit me. But it was surprising that unladen seat height on street glide was 27 inches with only less than 2 inches of suspension travel. Whereas seat height on Indian chieftain is 26 inches with close to 4 inches of travel. After riding chieftain I liked the way it fit me.

I've enjoyed being on this forum. Folks here are amazing. I'm still going to stick around here. I like to ride long distance and this is gr8 forum to discuss and share info on riding. If i was little more taller I cud have bought another F6B in a heart beat. IMHO no bike is prefect but we have to find that fits us the best. And I think I have found one for now.

Ride Safe !!!

Attachment 19871Attachment 19871
    I also have a shorter inseam, but with the Mustang seat and tall heels on my boots I am fine for now...Never owned an Indian motorcycle, but have had two Victory's and they were nice bikes...If I go back to a V-Twin ride it will most likely be the Victory Magnum as it is a gorgeous motorcycle in my opinion....Ride safe and enjoy your new bike.....