Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
Ken I didn't see any negative comments all I saw was questions. I did say that it wasn't for me and I stand by that. I don't see that as being negative. I don't know much about tires having only sold thousands of them over the last 27 years. I can tell you that I've attended dozens of tire seminars in that time that were put on by Goodyear , Michelin , Bridgestone/Firestone , Dunlop , Comtinental and Pirelli. I can tell you that all these manufacturers specify that when you mount a non-symmetrical that the sidewall marked inside or outside expressly goes in that position. The tire manufacturers say that the inside of a non-symmetrical tire is not designed to lead into a curve. See that's it Ken. There is design aspect to that tire and I guarantee you in certain scenario's that tire will not perform the same on those two edges. More rubber , less siping , different tread design all together. If you think those elements don't make a difference then run a slick and let me know how that works. Like I said , its not for me.
That's fine, Shooter. I don't remember naming you specifically as being negative. Be that as it may, what do I know without selling thousands of tires as you have? What I do know is simply this...the fastest riders I personally know and I, myself, have been running this non-symmetrical tire for the past couple of years with complete success. In fact, it has outperformed any symmetrical tire I have run previously. So, call me stupid but it is working for me and that's all I really care about.