Pirelli Centurato P1 Runflat - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pirelli Centurato P1 Runflat

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Monk , the pic I looked at on that tire showed the tread to be non-symmetrical. Is that true. In other words the tread is different from the middle out on one side than it is on the other. Usually tires like that distinguish inboard and outboard.
    Yes, and to simplify everything. It is marked "inside" and "outside"
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128

Inside for the right handers and outside for the left handers !!!

You will not be able to tell anything!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Wouldn't work for me but to each his own. 21 lbs.??

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Inside for the right handers and outside for the left handers !!!

You will not be able to tell anything!
    The report I got on the tire was exactly that!!

My big interest is the fact that it only weights in at 21 pounds rather than the 25 for a Michelin Alpin. That can make a big difference when running the twisties. The lighter weight increases the fun factor.

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Full Traxxion
    IBA # 42128

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    The report I got on the tire was exactly that!!

My big interest is the fact that it only weights in at 21 pounds rather than the 25 for a Michelin Alpin. That can make a big difference when running the twisties. The lighter weight increases the fun factor.
    Do you have all-right-turn twisties ?

Seriously, will the bike have a tendency to track right or left with an asymmetric tread pattern ?

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Do you have all-right-turn twisties ?

Seriously, will the bike have a tendency to track right or left with an asymmetric tread pattern ?
    Everything I've been told about the tire, tells me I will not notice anything.

In the next 10 days I will be putting 1,500+ miles on the tire. If I notice a problem I will report back. But, I really don't expect that.

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Full Traxxion
    IBA # 42128

Everything I've been told about the tire, tells me I will not notice anything.

In the next 10 days I will be putting 1,500+ miles on the tire. If I notice a problem I will report back. But, I really don't expect that.
    Notice that all posters with negative opinions have never run this kind of tire. I've been running the ZE912 Falken with great results which just shows what happens when you assume something. Here are the characteristics of that tire:

• Hybrid-Asymmetric Pattern Design – Optimized inside and outside tread patterns to ensure all-season grip on demand

• Infinite Sipe Sequence – Full-depth sipes throughout the entire tread platform creating biting edges that dramatically increase traction in all seasons

• Rotation Wear Indicators (RWI) – Falken engineered visual cues that help the driver maximize tire life and overall tire value, prompting regular tire maintenance

• Four High-Volume Circumferential Grooves – Designed to deliver increased hydroplane resistance and maximum stability in wet conditions

• High Angle Variable Cross Grooves – In inclement weather conditions, these grooves effectively evacuate water away from the contact patch

This tire has been phenomenal in wet or dry conditions. I would recommend it without reservation.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Notice that all posters with negative opinions have never run this kind of tire. I've been running the ZE912 Falken with great results which just shows what happens when you assume something. Here are the characteristics of that tire:

• Hybrid-Asymmetric Pattern Design – Optimized inside and outside tread patterns to ensure all-season grip on demand

• Infinite Sipe Sequence – Full-depth sipes throughout the entire tread platform creating biting edges that dramatically increase traction in all seasons

• Rotation Wear Indicators (RWI) – Falken engineered visual cues that help the driver maximize tire life and overall tire value, prompting regular tire maintenance

• Four High-Volume Circumferential Grooves – Designed to deliver increased hydroplane resistance and maximum stability in wet conditions

• High Angle Variable Cross Grooves – In inclement weather conditions, these grooves effectively evacuate water away from the contact patch

This tire has been phenomenal in wet or dry conditions. I would recommend it without reservation.

I'm trying to get as close to the benefits of a tire like the 912 and still have the safety of a runflat.

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Full Traxxion
    IBA # 42128

I'm trying to get as close to the benefits of a tire like the 912 and still have the safety of a runflat.
    I can appreciate that. I've also used run flat tires before and it is nice not having to worry about small nails or screws ruining you trip. Now that I'm running a non-run flat, I do now carry a plug kit and compact air compressor, just in case. AFAIK, about the only drawback of the run flat is weight so if I find a really good one, I may go back to that in the future. Until then, I already have my next Falken mounted on a spare wheel and ready-to-go.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Tire Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I can appreciate that. I've also used run flat tires before and it is nice not having to worry about small nails or screws ruining you trip. Now that I'm running a non-run flat, I do now carry a plug kit and compact air compressor, just in case. AFAIK, about the only drawback of the run flat is weight so if I find a really good one, I may go back to that in the future. Until then, I already have my next Falken mounted on a spare wheel and ready-to-go.
    With a conventional radial tire (non-run flat) and Ride-On Tire Balancer/Sealant there is no difference in thread/tread puncture protection IMHO. The ability to continue to use the tire after a puncture is the same The added benefit of a stiff sidewall and more MC Tire like ride achieved with lower air pressure (sweet spot) of course, is not the same as a softer 1 ply side-walled conventional tire. Therein lies the real difference.

I'm anxious to see this tire after 25/30K miles of wear and specifically what the tire edges look like! The wear characteristics should be interesting