Is the Low Windshield an Issue? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Is the Low Windshield an Issue?

Quote Originally Posted by rdeady View Post
    Jayrock, What size madstad did you purchase? I'm 5'10" but possibly a little long in the torso. they size me at 11" but i am thinking i might go with the 13". I don't want to take any chances,I need this thing to work !!! If its adjustable willIi be able to see over the 13" ? and if I can see over the 13" why get an 11" ???
    Rdeady sorry I didn't get back to you sooner - I haven't been paying close attention to the forum for a few days. I'm 5'10" with 30" inseam - just a little bit more of my height is in my legs. I have an 11" Madstad which pushes all of the wind over my helmet when the shield is fully extended.

Does anyone wonder why this forum has so many windshield sponsors?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Honda Short Windshield

So it's the Standard windshield...

Attachment 20390

Then I got the Honda factory sport screen.

Attachment 20391

It's only about 1" higher but kicks forward a little more when mounted, enough for me to get good coverage without an ever so slight hunch. And have the windbender for long trips. Was never able to find a side by side comparison myself. So hope it helps someone....

Attachment 20392Attachment 20393

MRA X-CREEN Touring Windscreen (Bolt on)

Tried this on the stock shield and it transformed it from a throw away hunk of plastic to a functional piece of equipment. The X-Creen can be tilted in numerous different positions to increase/restrict airflow. It's my stock summer shield, swap it out for the Baggershield in winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uUGfjoyUxg
    Attached Images Attached Images

i must know!

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Tried this on the stock shield and it transformed it from a throw away hunk of plastic to a functional piece of equipment. The X-Creen can be tilted in numerous different positions to increase/restrict airflow. It's my stock summer shield, swap it out for the Baggershield in winter.

where is that tunnel???

i must ride through it !
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

My stock windshield looks great hanging from a screw mounted in the rear of my garage.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    My stock windshield looks great hanging from a screw mounted in the rear of my garage.

LOL!

[QUOTE=coffee_weasle;116870]
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post

where is that tunnel???

i must ride through it !
    Wyoming, there are hundreds of prehistoric, petrified alligators on top of the hill above the tunnel

You guys are just too tall..

I'm only 5' 6", and find the stock shield perfect.. I wear ear plugs and can hear the stereo at 120kph clearly. I test drove a full wing before buying the F6 and hated the lack of airflow. I can ride in the rain and not get wet, look over the screen, as opposed to through it and only take bugs to the top of my helmet. I actually considered cutting the original down an inch or so, just 'cause it looks so good. Personaly, I think the whole look of the 'B is ruined by a tall screen, but I understand you folks who feel like you have your neck stuck out a car window!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    I'm only 5' 6", and find the stock shield perfect.. I wear ear plugs and can hear the stereo at 120kph clearly. I test drove a full wing before buying the F6 and hated the lack of airflow. I can ride in the rain and not get wet, look over the screen, as opposed to through it and only take bugs to the top of my helmet. I actually considered cutting the original down an inch or so, just 'cause it looks so good. Personaly, I think the whole look of the 'B is ruined by a tall screen, but I understand you folks who feel like you have your neck stuck out a car window!
    The X-Creen does just fine in the rain and you can adjust airflow till you get it right, and, it's Autobahn tested.

" but I understand you folks who feel like you have your neck stuck out a car window!"