I need some help from any one with HVAC experience.

Since retiring, i am just putting the finishing touches on my new workshop / man-cave. Roughly 700sq ft with 12 foot ceiling (to accommodate the lift). 6" walls, well insulated walls and ceiling.

Attachment 19893

I am not afraid of diving into any project, I just tend to research them a lot. I designed this shop, dug the foundation, poured the slab, built and wired it, and even got the building inspectors to sign off on it.

I want to put in a heat pump, not to keep it perfect temp , but just to get it comfortable to work in on those 100deg summer days as well as the 15deg winter days.

First .... for 700sq ft, will a 1 ton suffice ??? 1.5 ton ??? 2 ton ???? (I have been leaning toward a 1.5 ton, 18,000 btu 16.5 seer unit)

Second .... I have pretty much settled on a ductless mini-split system. Looking at my normal supplier for HVAC, they have a MRCool DIY minisplit system for $1150.00 delivered. No HVAC tech needed for the setup and start-up. Pretty much designed to make the installation idiot proof. The reviews I have read are positive, and one of the guys I talk to at my supplier put one of these in and loves it ....

Opinions ?????

I am leaning to getting the MRCool 18K DIY. It costs a little more, but not needing an HVAC tech out to setup and hook up will save significantly more money than the increased cost.