Bluetooth added - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth added

Just ordered. For $2.63 it's worth a try.

thanks for the info

just ordered the usb from amazon. Does it work for android?????

Here is a considerably higher-priced option, if I can't get any of these $3 units to work I'll break down and get one of these.
    Of course I will report back if it works. GL1800 is listed in compatibility list. Lowest I've found it is $150.
    Has remote mic so you could have speakerphone while riding.

Click the "fits" button on this link: https://www.usaspec.com/Honda-Goldwi...bt45-hon3.aspx

Again, it's awfully expensive but if works...

Quote Originally Posted by iceman1451 View Post
    just ordered the usb from amazon. Does it work for android?????
    yes I have an android....it is a blue tooth receiver so it should work with anything Bluetooth
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

I'm gonna order this for my car..it would be nice to have Bluetooth in it too http://www.amazon.com/Nulaxy-Wireles...th+fm+receiver
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Couldn't edit my previous post, after looking at it I'm not sure that model will work with our version of the Goldwing. We may lack the ability to switch to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Necanefan View Post
    Just ordered. For $2.63 it's worth a try.
    I received mine this weekend. Bluetooth connected easily to my iphone. The total volume output when using Pandora or other apps through the bluetooth is less than what is produced when running the stereo on an FM station (yes, I had the volume on my ozone turned all the way up). I'm certain it will be more than enough to enjoy at highway speeds, though. Bottom line: for $2.63, I am now able to use bluetooth through my iphone through to the bike's speakers for music, gps directions, etc.
    I'll go for a ride shortly to test it out...

Amazing, the BT4.0 version sucked, this older one works pretty good.
    A little stutter when you first start playing music, but if you let it go it's no problem after about a second.
    No static.
    Best use of $2.63 EVAR!
    Next project will be to remove the condenser mic from inside the unit and relocate it and see if I can use it as a speakerphone or at least for Siri commands. With the taller windshield and some foam for a windscreen it might be serviceable.
    Only tried it for a second, looks like track FF and REW works, long hold for folder skip doesn't seem to do anything but I haven't fully investigated.

Nice job Tinknocker!

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'm not buying anything else....I'm not buying anything else...I'm not buying anything else
    That has never worked for me either.

Recently, lots of consumers have been complaining about the quality of sound through a 4.0 bluetooth devices.

While most of us have two inputs to our stereo system. Only one is remotely controllable from the Handlebar switch. The rear usb connection in the left saddlebag. Unless you relocated it. The other input is the 3.5 jack in the left cubby. Many of us have bought 12v powered Bluetooth receivers and plugged them into the jack. This is the configuration I have been using for the last two years. But I tire of adjusting the volume at red lights so cars parked next to me don't have to listen to Molly Hatchet. I am currently considering Sena's 20s. It appears they have finally given it a battery that will last long enough for me. It also has a FM receiver in it. This way I can answer the phone also.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt