Two Brothers Exhaust
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Brothers Exhaust

Two Brothers Exhaust

My dealer was telling me after they install the TBS exhaust they need to do a (tuneup) or whatever they call it and it costs $300. You know, to make sure it's running properly and I get the full benefit of the exhaust. Is he full of crap or do I need to get this done?

Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by bgd8rd View Post
    My dealer was telling me after they install the TBS exhaust they need to do a (tuneup) or whatever they call it and it costs $300. You know, to make sure it's running properly and I get the full benefit of the exhaust. Is he full of crap or do I need to get this done?

Thanks..
    He's full of crap. Lots of guys running aftermarket exhausts after just bolting them up in their driveway.

Thank you good sir, I appreciate it!

Running Cobra 6-2-6's since day one of purchase from dealer and bike runs great...As said earlier, your dealer or whoever told you that, is full of "crap"..Bikes ECU will adjust just fine to new pipes... Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by bgd8rd View Post

Thanks..
    This is a good (bad) example of why many dealers are not trusted. That advice is absolutely bogus. If you search on here, there is a simple reset procedure to follow after making exhaust changes. You do it yourself and it's free! Actually, this is possibly more appropriate after installing Torq Loopz but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to go through it after installing slip-ons like TBR's.
    Ken (Hornblower)

BigLry can correct me but I don't think the ECU can adjust much more than for elevation correction. Now while getting your system remapped or adjusted will improve your bike, for only changing pipes it is not absolutely necessary. If you want to do it, do it after you do all the changes you want to do to your bike. By the way 300.00, is that just for labor?

You can't do anything by resetting the ECM. The maps are static, and don't adapt or change after an ECM reset.

I have TBRs on my B, and they run just fine without any modifications or ECM reset. The dealer with either "stupid or liar," ask them which one.

Quote Originally Posted by TailGunner View Post
    BigLry can correct me but I don't think the ECU can adjust much more than for elevation correction. Now while getting your system remapped or adjusted will improve your bike, for only changing pipes it is not absolutely necessary. If you want to do it, do it after you do all the changes you want to do to your bike. By the way 300.00, is that just for labor?
    Mostly true the ECU has a set of parameters that can't be changed by doing a reset or disconnecting the battery. If doing a TPS replace the ECU reads what ever the closed throttle plate voltage as the 0% point and if you move the TPS you must disconnect the battery so the ECU will read the new TPS position at 0% throttle plate position this is about the only learning the ECU has. Now if you go and have a reflash done of the ECU all kinds of parameters can be changed, but still once the ECU is reflashed by an aftermarket shop it will only do what it has been reflashed to do you can't add of change anything other than a TPS % of throttle plate reading.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by YikesCops View Post
    You can't do anything by resetting the ECM. The maps are static, and don't adapt or change after an ECM reset.

I have TBRs on my B, and they run just fine without any modifications or ECM reset. The dealer with either "stupid or liar," ask them which one.
    TRUE

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by YikesCops View Post

About the time I think I actually understand something, then I realize I may not . I really thought the ECU had some "learning" ability so that, over time, it could make adjustments to base settings. I'm pretty sure the maker of Torq Loopz (TorqMaster Pipes) recommended an ECU reset after installing the Loopz. If a reset doesn't change anything, I wonder why he would have suggested that? Even previously, with my Triumph bikes, there was a procedure we called the 12-minute tune that was recommended after making exhaust changes. Due to experiences like these, I assumed that an ECU reset did actually make some changes...kind of like starting off with a fresh page .
    Ken (Hornblower)