F6B Exhaust Suggestions.......
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B Exhaust Suggestions.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

F6B Exhaust Suggestions.......

Hi guys and gals. This is my first venture into the "wing" motorcycles. I have ridden vtwins my whole life. I love my F6B but I am having a very hard time finding an exhaust kit whether it be a full systme or just slip ons that will give me that loud, deep rumble. I'm looking for some "pi@@ off the neighbors" pipes. I have searched googlel videos for 2 hours and cannot find anything that I like. It seems to me that all wing exhaust products are made to be somewhat quiet. That's not what I want. I want to be able to set off car alarms when I ride through the parking lot. Any suggestions would be very helpful. And if you could include a link to a vid or a vid yourself that would really make my day. I look forward to hearing back from some of you. Thanks in advance!!

legnor, look at the Cobra 626, with the baffles out they are very loud.
    Jakec

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    This doesn't help the OP in any way, or F6B riders, but, back in the day, Hard Krome made these for the Valks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT37RrqZow4

Two Brothers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPdO3...layer_embedded

legnor, if you are at all close to the location where the F6B rally is being held in Franklin, NC.......stop by for a look at what others have done with their exhaust systems, and listen to the diffetrent notes being played.

The aftermarket manufacturers have been busy since the F6B came out. There are several brands that can do what you want them to do. Most of the aftermarket makers have been swamped trying to push product out as fast as they can.

Personally, I made the decision to WAIT until the middle of Winter, after all the initial orders have been filled by early buyers...and now these same exhaust makers have extra stock sitting on their shelves, and but what I want in late January, or early February.

Until that time...I went ahead and drilled my exhaust, and...it came out TOO loud. The drone going down the road was hard on my already deaf ears.
    So....I have now plugged a couple holes on each side...with Brass Plugs...the holes were 3/4 inch holes. It sounds better now, but I will see how they are during this little ride I am leaving on tomorrow morning. It will be a 7,000 miles ride in 10 days.

So...come to Franklin, NC is you can. Otherwise...just wait a couple months, and there will be stock sitting on the shelves, and a better selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    legnor, if you are at all close to the location where the F6B rally is being held in Franklin, NC.......stop by for a look at what others have done with their exhaust systems, and listen to the diffetrent notes being played.

The aftermarket manufacturers have been busy since the F6B came out. There are several brands that can do what you want them to do. Most of the aftermarket makers have been swamped trying to push product out as fast as they can.

Personally, I made the decision to WAIT until the middle of Winter, after all the initial orders have been filled by early buyers...and now these same exhaust makers have extra stock sitting on their shelves, and but what I want in late January, or early February.

Until that time...I went ahead and drilled my exhaust, and...it came out TOO loud. The drone going down the road was hard on my already deaf ears.
    So....I have now plugged a couple holes on each side...with Brass Plugs...the holes were 3/4 inch holes. It sounds better now, but I will see how they are during this little ride I am leaving on tomorrow morning. It will be a 7,000 miles ride in 10 days.

So...come to Franklin, NC is you can. Otherwise...just wait a couple months, and there will be stock sitting on the shelves, and a better selection.
    Man I wish I come come to the rally. But, I'm all the way out here in Phoenix, Az.

Quote Originally Posted by legnor View Post
    Man I wish I come come to the rally. But, I'm all the way out here in Phoenix, Az.

legnor....I do not understand. What does living in Phoenix have to do with the ability, or lack thereof, to attend the rally in Franklin, NC. ???

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by legnor View Post
    Miles is the kinda guy who believes riding 'from Phoenix to the rally' is the equivalent of heading to the corner store for a loaf of bread,,,

I'm beginning to think he never sleeps, or has learned how to ride and sleep at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    ...I went ahead and drilled my exhaust, and...it came out TOO loud. The drone going down the road was hard on my already deaf ears.
    So....I have now plugged a couple holes on each side...with Brass Plugs...the holes were 3/4 inch holes. It sounds better now,
    I drilled 3- 1'holes and sounds real good and very happy with the rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I drilled 3- 1'holes and sounds real good and very happy with the rumble.

Hey man. You have a sound bite or a video of what those sound like? Cuz, if drilling my exhaust will hold me over till someone makes a killer pipe, then I'm down with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    This doesn't help the OP in any way, or F6B riders, but, back in the day, Hard Krome made these for the Valks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT37RrqZow4

Two Brothers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPdO3...layer_embedded
    Man, that's the sound I'm looking for!!!! Perfect!!! Any idea what I can get for the F6B to get that sound?