F6B Exhaust Suggestions....... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F6B Exhaust Suggestions.......

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by legnor View Post
    Man, that's the sound I'm looking for!!!! Perfect!!! Any idea what I can get for the F6B to get that sound?
    Sorry, nothing currently available. 6 into 6 pipes are the only way to get the 'staccato' sound of each cylinder as it fires. The Current Cobra 6 - 2 - 6 is basically your existing OEM 6 - 2 with a 3-outlet slip-on added to each side. It has the look, but not the sound, of 6 into 6.

Without replacing / altering the OEM 6-2 system, you can't change many aspects of the sounds that system produces. Louder, deeper, etc, yes, but slip-ons can only do so much.

The F6B hasn't been out very long. More manufacturers will 'be tempted' to offer their 'louder' goods, but remember, there are far more 'conventional' Goldwings out there that tend to want 'quiet'. (Follow the $$$$)

I reckon the manufacturers contemplating any 'full' system will want to see the F6B sales be successful before they develop a full blown 6 into 6 system.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Man I wish I come come to the rally. But, I'm all the way out here in Phoenix, Az.
    Miles is the kinda guy who believes riding 'from Phoenix to the rally' is the equivalent of heading to the corner store for a loaf of bread,,,

I'm beginning to think he never sleeps, or has learned how to ride and sleep at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Miles is the kinda guy who believes riding 'from Phoenix to the rally' is the equivalent of heading to the corner store for a loaf of bread,,,

I'm beginning to think he never sleeps, or has learned how to ride and sleep at the same time!
    LOL!!! Yeah, it's only an 1,800 mile jaunt!! Easy peasy!!

Chipmaker, what is this supposed to mean? What are you trying to say with pictures not words?
    I think what hes saying is if you want "Piss off the Neighbors Exhaust" you bought the wrong bike and should have stayed on your Vtwin.

exhaust weight difference

I wonder what the weight difference is with the six into six compared to stock. I'm assuming they must be heavier than the stock set up.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    I think what hes saying is if you want "Piss off the Neighbors Exhaust" you bought the wrong bike and should have stayed on your Vtwin.
    I don't believe a word of that. A motor is a motor and loud as hell without pipes. So, there must be a manufacturer out there that makes what I'm looking for. I don't understand why most "Wing" riders want their bikes to be so quiet. Loud pipes save lives is true. It's saved my ass a few times. I'm really digging the Tailgunners exhaust. Can you imagine a set of gatling guns coming out from under the bags? Sick!!!

LOL!!! Yeah, it's only an 1,800 mile jaunt!! Easy peasy!!

I am the one that is LOL !!!! My ride to the Rally, from my house to there, is 2800 miles, so...if you want I can swing South, pick you up, and we can both make it to the Rally...on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    I am the one that is LOL !!!! My ride to the Rally, from my house to there, is 2800 miles, so...if you want I can swing South, pick you up, and we can both make it to the Rally...on time.
    That sounds like a plan stan! When is the rally? I need to check to see if I can get the time off. But, yeah, I'm down with riding out here with you. Let me know.
    Larry 480-241-0195

That sounds like a plan stan! When is the rally? I need to check to see if I can get the time off. But, yeah, I'm down with riding out here with you. Let me know.
    Larry 480-241-0195

Ah...Larry, the F6B Rally starts this coming Thursday, August 29th, and ends the following Monday, Sept. 2nd.

I am leaving the Seattle, WA. area tomorrow morning, at 8:00 am, and riding out to North Carolina. If you want me to swing down to the dust bowl of Phoenix, and pick you up, you better start packing right now, and be prepared to leave your house at 6:00 am on Tuesday. It is a one day ride from my house to your house, about 1450 miles, and it is a two day ride from your house to the Rally in Franklin, NC., about 1800 miles.

Are you ready ?

Quote Originally Posted by kentucky strong View Post
    I wonder what the weight difference is with the six into six compared to stock. I'm assuming they must be heavier than the stock set up.
    I didn't weigh mine but they are not heavy compared to the Vance and Hines monster slip ons which, I think, are 14 lbs heavier than stock.